Sunday, September 11, 2022

Helping Amanda clean

Saturday

I had a rough night. That chicken I ate for supper, which was 5 days old and greasy, was hard to digest. And my gut worked on it all night long. I got up, not feeling rested. It was 40 degrees outside, which is depressing after having a glorious heatwave over 100 every day. Some people complained, but I loved it.

I read e-mail for awhile till it warmed up to 60. Then I watered the plants at home, and then at the garden. I didn't pick anything. When I got back, I used the hose to flush out gophers. I think I killed two.

Then I put my vacuum and some folding chairs in my trunk and went to Amanda's house. She has 7 kids and is in the process of moving. The movers are gone, so they have nothing but suitcases to live out of. She was cleaning house with her cousins. Her vacuum stopped working, and she needed more help cleaning. So I did windows and blinds and fan blades stepping around kids. I also removed spots from walls, but I had never seen spots like that.

After 2.5 hours, I went home and made breakfast. Then I went back, with alcohol and acetone to get crayon marks off the walls. But neither worked. I cleaned the window in the kitchen. I pulled out the stove and fridge and she cleaned behind them. Then she said she could handle the rest. I left my vacuum there and some cleaning supplies. I went home and got some boxes for her to put her leftover cleaning supplies in for the swap shop.

I went to the post office to get a package and to drop off a bag at the swap shop. When I got home, there were messages from Michelle at the pool. So I quickly put on my suit, grabbed the clock, and went over there. I spoke with her and Mandi. Mandi asked if I did weekly cleaning and I said I could. She wants someone to come for 2 hours twice a week. Then they all left. But then Gene came and he swam. So I did laps for an hour, then got out, just after Gene did. He went home, but I had to rest for a bit, before heading out.

When I got home, Chris was cooking steak for supper. I called Faye and we had a nice chat. Then I worked on my blog and made tea. I practiced a jazz version of When the Saints Go Marching In. We watched four episodes of Cheers. I read e-mail until late, then went to bed.

…...................

No comments: