Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Last minute sewing

Monday

I got up around 8, it was cold out. I chopped up peels for the garden. I read e-mail, then picked and washed basil for freeze-drying. I went to the 2nd street house and spent 2 hours cleaning.

I went home for breakfast, but Michelle came over to pick pears. So we loaded a ladder in her suv, and went to see the pear tree. First I climbed to pick, and then she did. I ate one, hoping to save the seeds, but there were none! We went to the MR house to get the pan of frozen eggs. She took me home, then went back to her house to freeze-dry the eggs and basil.

I made and ate breakfast. Then I went to the MR house for an hour to finish up and mop my way out. I loaded up the car with cleaning supplies. I took the step mats to Jamie. We talked. Then I got a message from Saronna that her husband needed patches sewn on his uniform for tomorrow. I met the ladies for walking (and talking). One thing we discussed was having Bible study when the chaplain can't make it to the service.

Then I went to Saronna's house to pick up the uniform. I took it home. I had a bite to eat. I put on a podcast and got to work with a seam ripper. I took off the old patches and put on the new ones. Then I let her know it was done. It took about an hour.

At 7 I went over there to deliver it. When he asked how much, I said I wanted arrows, knowing he was an expert on such things. I brought my bow so he could see what kind to make.

After some discussion, I went home. I listened to a podcast. The speaker said that we can't vote our way out of what is happening. Then I worked on my blog and made tea. We watched two episodes of Knight Rider. I got so sleepy that I just went to bed.

No comments: