Thursday, September 29, 2022

Found my solar lantern

Wednesday

I woke up early, having gone to bed early. I tried to go back to sleep, but it didn't work. I got up after Chris left. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was 60 degrees out already. I checked the tower garden and found a half-eaten pepper. So the sonic stake did not keep the mice out. Sigh. I got the coffee started, then swished and put the tomatoes and potatoes away: one in sunlight to ripen and the other in a paper bag so they won't ripen. Then I did my exercises.

I meditated and tapped. I heard the rain fall, so I went out to roll up my car windows. It stopped soon after that. I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. I headed to Saronna's house and stopped abruptly when I spied my solar lantern by the road near the park. I picked it up, hoping for the best, but it looked like someone drove over it.

When I got there, Saronna handed me 6 arrows. It was payment for sewing patches on his uniform. We stood on the stoop and chatted for awhile. Then I went to Michelle's house to get the eggs and basil. She wasn't home so I let myself in and out.

Then I went to the 2nd street house to clean. It was just less than an hour and I went to the school to walk with the ladies. But no ladies showed up. So I stopped by the library to return some DVD's and ask about the next book.

Then I went home. Chris was there, but not for long. I started to clean out my car and he came out the door saying my phone was ringing. So I went in and answered it. A man wanted a quote on cleaning his apartment. But he won't move out until next week. I had to call Jamie and get her to sign for the house on my behalf. I gave him some ammonia to soak his burner bowls in. (I'm gonna have a lot to do when I get back)

When I got home, I cleaned out the stuff in my car then swept it. A great storm blew up and I wondered if Chris was in it. I called MaryAnn, and then Myra called, so I called her back, Chris came home. We watched the first episode of Firefly. Then I posted to my blog. I raised the hood of my car and placed a sonic gopher stake on the engine to deter mice, and went to bed.

No comments: