Sunday, January 8, 2023

Another big sewing class

Saturday

I got up after 8, then did the usual readiness routine. I whipped up a batch of seed crackers, refilled some mixes, and made two weeks worth of supplement doses. After that, Chris offered me a coconut oil massage and I accepted. Then he took a shower and I followed with one of my own.

I got dressed and worked on breakfast. I ate while reading e-mail and listening to an interview with a special forces guy working at the border. He said it is dangerous, both for citizens and for the border crossers.

I got the fleece fabrics together and packed up my sewing machines. I grabbed an empty case for one machine and found out that there was already a machine in there! I don't know where it came from, but I took it to class. Chris loaded them in the car, and unloaded them at the chapel. When we got to the fellowship hall, it was full of the decorations from the sanctuary. He helped me clear space for the sewing class, then walked home.

Tonja came and helped me set up. Two ladies came with their kids, and Saronna's daughters came. Also Michelle's daughter and Jenni. I drew the instructions on the white board. Then I helped people cut their fleece strips to make scarves. Isadora didn't want a scarf so I had her make the hat. Then she decided to make a scarf for her dog. Sigh. After everyone was done, I tried tying knots in each fringe strip and I liked it. Then I wished I had had the kids tie theirs in knots.

As usual, too much time was taken in re-threading machines. I think they need a block of instruction on how to cut thread. But nothing broke. A few seams had to be redone because the person sewed with the presser foot up. Sigh. So much wasted thread.

And then Jenni and Tonja helped me pack up and carry the machines to my car. I locked the chapel and we all went home. Chris was cooking turkey soup, so I had a bowl of that. I also ate some nuts and muffins and blueberries. I read e-mail until time to write my blog entry.

I made tea and we watched a DVD from Netflix called Free Guy. It was amazing! We both loved it. Chris probably got more of the gaming references than I did. But we both agreed it was awesome!

We made the bed with the sheets Chris washed today. He went to bed, and I bedded down later.

No comments: