Saturday, January 7, 2023

The Community comes together to clean

Friday

I got up after 8. Chris was already up. I drank hydrogen water, then brushed and swished. I washed up and got dressed. I read e-mail.

I went up to the colonel's house and fed the cats. I walked over to the chaplain's house where men were moving boxes onto a truck. I greeted him, asking if there was anything I could do. The mover heard me and suggested I move some heavy furniture to the truck. Ha! Bryan gave me the house keys, and we chatted. Around noon, I went home.

Chris was gone, probably to the office for a meeting. I made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail. Chris came back around 2 and we talked about going to the commissary. I added to the list and we went. We stopped at the post office for mail, then went to his office. I sat impatiently while he booted up his computer and did a bunch of typing.

We finally got to the grocery store. We shopped for the usual things, but the commissary doesn't have them all, which is why we usually go to Tooele. But driving conditions were not good today.

We went home. Chris put the food away while I opened the mail. Then I grabbed a mop, broom, and stepstool. I went to the chaplain's house where the movers were still clearing the house. But now a bunch of community members were there, cleaning. And their kids, mostly playing with the therapy dog. Michelle led me around, showing me what had been done and asking my opinion on what had been done. Eventually I picked up a cloth and sponge and cleaned what others had missed.

The movers finished and the chaplain said goodbye and headed to town. He left a lot of cleaners behind and the community let me have first dibs before they took what they wanted. The rest went to the police or the guards.

After a while, the people with kids went home. Ah! Then I worked on the halfbath and utility room while two ladies vacuumed. I quit in time to go home by 6, leaving them to lock up. Chris had leftover turkey in the oven, which he pulled out for me. I ate some turkey and made a salad. I finished a podcast, then worked on my blog.

I made tea and we watched several episodes from season 4 of I Dream of Jeannie. We read e-mail afterward, then Chris went to bed. I stayed up a little later before I retired for the evening.

** I keep hoping we will hear that the shots aren't as bad as some people thought they would be. But the new info comes out, it only gets worse. **

No comments: