Monday, January 23, 2023

Catching a poltergeist

Sunday

I slept in. Although I had used the magnesium oil liberally last night, I woke up with mild RLS. I didn't realize it at first, so I tossed and turned for a while before I got up and drank some tonic water. Thankfully the quinine in it kicked in quickly.

I got up after 9. It was snowing. I drank hydrogen water as I filled in my blog for yesterday. I brushed and swished. I read e-mail for 20 minutes, then Chris gave me a massage. He took a shower and then I took mine. I got dressed, then read e-mail for a bit. Charity came over to get the keys for the swap shop and she removed snow from our sidewalk.

I made and ate breakfast. I took my trombone and the remaining cheese squares to the chapel. As I was setting up my trombone, John arrived at the doors. He came in and sat down as we talked. I started getting worried, but then Diane came and afterward, Michelle came with her husband and daughter. Randy wasn't there yet, so Michelle called and said he would be there soon. So we played hymns and said a prayer. Then he walked in the front door. He said he didn't have a topic and asked for one. Diane shared something which gave him the idea to talk about how to talk about the message. He added in lots of historical details. Then I played 3 more hymns, and Casey said a prayer.

With the service over, we chatted over snacks about next week. Randy asked for people to submit topics and Michelle suggested we each submit something next week. They ate all my cheese snacks. Michelle had brought freeze-dried cheese squares and they were good, too.

When I got home, I whipped up a batch of cheese and put it in the oven. I read Telegram messages until it was time for the cheese to come out. I could hear Chris playing his game with voices in the other room. I continued reading messages and snacking. We folded the laundry and new towels until the 5pm game started.

Our intrepid adventurers, having rested and recuperated from the last attack, resumed investigating the prison. They found nothing more on the upper level, so they went back to the ground level. In the northwest corner, they found a laundry room with moldy piles of clothing. Two straitjackets came out and attacked two members of the group. Between the 5 of them, they managed to fight them off. Then they had to give healing surges to Xune, who was completely out. The next room turned out to be an infirmary. A poltergeist lived there and attacked Berian quite severely. It was more than Rose could heal. But she was able to capture the poltergeist in a ghost bottle. Then Vaunea took the lead into the next room, which was full of cobwebs. She threw in a piece of debris and giant spiders appeared, and headed toward the group. And the game called for time.

I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched episodes of jeannie. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to listen to a podcast.

No comments: