Thursday, January 12, 2023

Two successful inspections

Wednesday

I used my mp3 headphones to fall asleep. I slept pretty well, and got up about 8. I brushed and swished. I made coffee and did the whole detox routine. I tapped and meditated. Then I cleaned the bathrooms and washed dishes in the kitchen. The creepy guy called and said he had the cleaning money for me. I asked if he had made an appointment with Housing and he said no. I told him to call me back when he had an appointment for the official sign-over.

Chris came home briefly for lunch. I took a shower and got dressed. I looked for something on the computer, then had to get ready for two final inspections. First I went to the dirty house. I was early but the inspectors usually are, too. One was there taking pics outside. Then the others arrived. One pulled the stove out and we saw mice dirt and white fluffy stuff. It wasn't there when I cleaned behind it. So I guess the mice are still active. I cleaned that and a window track. Mostly they were very impressed with the condition of the house. One asked how long cleaning took and I said we hadn't figured it out yet.

So then I went up the hill to the chaplain's house to meet Jamie. She'd gone ahead to look for spots I missed last night (cause the house is so poorly lit at night. And it was creepy, too). We talked for a bit until the inspectors arrived. Then we hung around in case they found anything. But they didn't.

I went to the colonel's house to feed the cats. Then I headed to Housing to turn in the keys, but got a text from Diane about walking. I had totally forgotten. So I went home and got the mail keys and Jamie's portion of the money. Then I met Diane and Michelle at the gym. We walked outside since it was unseasonably warm. I stayed to workout with Michelle. She had me use a different set of machines and I got sore.

Then I went up the hill to check the chaplain's mail. There was a lot of it and I wondered if he had left a forwarding notice. I drove to Jamie's house and gave her her money. Then I went to Housing and handed in the keys for the chaplain and for the dirty house. From there, I went to Saronna's house to pick up a small container of slide oil that fell out of my case yesterday.

Finally I went home. There were more places to go, but I was tired. I texted the chaplain's wife. Chris came home while I vacuumed the den. I put the dishes away from earlier. I read e-mail and checked out a sale online. I went through my Telegram messages while listening to a podcast on Cardio Miracle.

I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched several episodes of Jeannie season 4. Afterward, Chris went to bed, like around 10:30. I stayed up later.

No comments: