Monday, January 2, 2023

The big snow

Sunday

I stayed in bed after waking up, hoping to go back to sleep. When I got up, I was surprised and upset to see it was 10am. I brushed and swished, then made a batch of egg/flax muffins. I read e-mail and discovered that church was canceled because of the snowstorm.

I continued reading e-mail until noon, then made and ate breakfast. As there was no service at 1, I kept reading and watching videos, etc. I did not piece puzzles because I am letting my arm rest. Chris gamed with the voices, and then John sent a message to the group that he wasn't feeling well so the evening game was canceled. Sigh.

I went to ebay to check on the footpedal order. Ebay seemed to have no record of it. But I had an e-mail confirmation. So I took a pic of it and sent it to the seller, asking for my money back since the pedal never arrived.

Michelle texted me from the gym around 4. I had promised Chris a pizza crust, but then he said it was too late and could I do it tomorrow? So I threw the ingredients in the bread machine and set it on 'dough'. Then I packed my sauna bag and went outside to dig out my car. It was worse than I thought, what with 6 inches of snow blanketing it.

I scraped off just enough to see then drove to the gym. Michelle was waiting for me and we went in the sauna. It was nice and hot so we only stayed in like half an hour or so. Then we talked in the changing room. Finally we went home.

When I got back, barely able to see in the newly falling snow, I checked on the dough. I made a salad for supper, and had some steak from last night. I watched a video of the fireworks in London as I ate. Then I watched sewing videos, looking for the perfect one for next week.

I worked on my blog, then made tea. We watched Glass Onion. Chris had heard it wasn't good, but we actually liked it. It certainly kept my attention the whole time. Then I read through more e-mail, and went to bed.

No comments: