Friday, January 20, 2023

Puzzles over games

Thursday

I got up around 8, thinking it was earlier. It was snowing, again. I brushed and swished. I scrubbed at the turmeric stains in my shirt, hoping they would come out easily. Then I left it to soak. I looked at fleece hat videos, trying to decide what to do with the fleece strips that weren't big enough. I had finally decided and was making the sample hat when Jenni texted about going to the swap shop. I didn't have time to take her, so I lent her the keys. I finished the hat, and Terri called. I chatted with her about getting the three of us together for scripture study.

Jenni came back with the keys, and I had her put on the hat so I could take its picture. After she left, there was no time to post the pic. I went up the hill to feed the cats. I did not have time to stay and play. I went to the apartment and started cleaning. Jamie came by with her vacuum. She moved the bed and the desk so I could sweep behind them. The layer of dust under the bed was opaque!

She left, and I vacuumed. I also ran the duster over the ceilings, walls and baseboards. Then I wiped the blinds in one room. Then it was noon so I went home. It was still snowing. After parking in the driveway, I put the windshield cover on.

I put on The Highwire, and made and ate breakfast. Chris came home late for lunch, and let me know that the base was closing early because of the snow. I finished The Highwire. And Chris went back to work. I finally remembered to post an announcement for the class to the Facebook page.

Jamie needed her vacuum back, so we met at the apartment. We moved the bed and desk back into place. Then we chatted and she left. I stayed to clean. I thumbtacked a wet washcloth to the wall to soften the yellow grease spots. Then I went to the gym to walk with Michelle. We talked the whole time, and afterward, standing in the snowy parking lot. She said she'd help me organized a Dugway Spa Day.

I went back to the apartment to check on the washcloth. I took it down and scrubbed the wall, but the spots did not come off. I cleaned the heating unit and then went home. Chris was already home, having closed the base early. He asked about going to Game Night. I worked on my blog and ate goat cheese. I made a salad.

When I finished eating, we went to the Community Club for Game Night. Unlike the other game night, there was only one game: Bunco. Not really my cup of tea. And since they got enough people to play Bunco, I went looking for a puzzle. The smallest one was 350 pieces and round. So while Chris played Bunco, I pieced the puzzle and talked to Jerry. We talked mostly about TV series we have watched. We've seen a lot of the same ones.

The Bunco game ended and people either went home or to the bar. Chris went to the bar. Then the karaoke started. People who have been drinking think they can sing. But then, Chris, who had not been drinkning, started singing. I won't say what I thought of it. Jerry suggested a pizza box to put the puzzle in since there was no way I was going to finish it anytime soon. It worked nicely. Then I gave Ravonna her present, and we went home.

It was snowing and Chris had to scrape the windshield so we could drive home. He said we night not be going to Tooele tomorrow. When we got in, I worked on my blog and he resumed some movie he was watching on his laptop.

No comments: