Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Rescuing stuff for the swap shop

Monday

I got up at 8, then went back to bed until 8:30. I listened to a podcaster while putting dishes in the sink to soak. I turned on my phone. I took supplements on a schedule. I watered the plants.

I read e-mail and telegram messages until Jamie came over with shelving that goes with the cinder blocks. Then we went to the swap shop to drop off some stuff. From there, we went to the landfill to find stuff we heard got thrown out. We rescued a couch, a table, a shelving unit and some plastic totes. She dropped me off and went home for lunch. I made and ate breakfast.

I went up the hill to feed the colonel's cats, then went to the dirty house. Jamie was there washing the over-the-door shelving. We divided up the stuff left behind and designated some for the swap shop. I loaded up my car and went to the swap shop. Jamie picked up her son and met me over there. The two of them unloaded the furniture while I wiped the dust and dirt off.

She went home and I got a drink then went to the gym. Only Michelle came so we walked around the track over half an hour, talking. Then I texted Saronna and went home. I had started eating leftover turkey when she texted back. I bundled up and went to pick up her daughter and brought her back here. We worked on chapter 6 in her book. She said she had to hand in the answers. But we didn't finish. I took her home at 6.

Chris came home from work while I was tutoring. He made himself a bowl of soup. I did not feel good after eating the turkey, so I took some digestive enzymes and some activated charcoal. I read articles on my laptop until my stomach settled down. Then I ate some salad and avocado dip. I covered my windshield.

Faye called and talked about the Florida sale, then had questions about the dirty house. I hung up with her and Michelle called. She wanted to give me the opener to the chaplain's house. I told her she could do it tomorrow, but she said she was right outside my house. She told me about the doors on the chaplain's house not staying closed. Then she went home.

I worked on my blog, made tea and we watched Jeannie. I stayed up to listen to a podcast and Chris went to bed.

No comments: