Thursday, January 26, 2023

Can't gag me with a spoon

Wednesday

I got up around 8, having slept reasonably well. I watered all the plants and rootings with a solution of egg shells in vinegar. Then I prepared for coffee morning. I was scraping my tongue when it occurred to me that the experience was different. I moved the scraper further and further back on my tongue and the gag reflex never kicked in. How long has that been going on? I wondered if I should be alarmed.

I made coffee, and did the usual exercises. I meditated and tapped. Then I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. Chris never came home for lunch. I put underwear in a washbowl to soak.

I looked up gag reflex, but didn't find much on not having one. Someone sent me a link to an interview with Dr. Michael Yeadon, a former chief science officer for Pfizer. He said that older people have lowered immune systems which don't respond well to new challenges, so why would we expect them to respond well to vaccines? The people that get benefit don't need it and the people who are at risk of death don't get the benefit. Flu vaccines don't reduce serious illness and death in the vulnerable. Vaccination is the wrong strategy for any new outbreak like this. It should always be early treatment.

At 3:30 I went to the gym. I walked with Diane, Jenni, and Michelle. Afterward, I worked out in the weight room with Michelle. Then I went to pick up Sophia. I drove her back to my house. She elected to clean before doing math, so I had her clean the tub in the guest bathroom. Then we sat down at the dining room table to work from her math book. She was more interested in questioning the word problems than in doing the work. One problem was about two guys that get different gas mileages and suggested dividing in order to compare the two. That made no sense to me and she wanted to know how old the guys were.

Chris came home near the end of tutoring. She packed up and I took her home, passing by the chapel where several cars were now parked. No lights were on. I dropped her off at home, then went past the chapel again. This time some guys were standing beside their cars. I asked if they were here for the Catholic service and they said yes. I let them know that the priest was on vacation for the month of January. They thanked me and I continued home. I told Chris about it and he said there were visitors on post. BTW, the holy family was gone but the stable was still there.

I snacked on ghee and read e-mail while listening to podcasts. Then I remembered the puzzle. I threw it in my purse and went to Charity's house to return it. Since I was already out, I went by the library to return season 4 of Jeannie. But the building was locked.

I went home, covered my windshield against the latest snowfall, and went back to e-mail. I worked on my blog. I made tea and practiced my trombone. We watched several episodes of Jeannie. Then he went to bed and I stayed up late to listen to podcasts and interviews.

No comments: