Friday, January 27, 2023

Bouncing like a kid

Thursday

I woke up to go to the bathroom and Chris was just coming in to take his shower. I don't think I went back to sleep after that. I waited until I was sure he had left the house. Then I got up to do the usual first morning things.

I read e-mail for a bit. Then I got dressed and prepared a cleaning contract. Chris came home early to fix a sandwich and headed out. I went by the posts office to pick up the mail. Then I went to the apartment building and sat in my car waiting for either Jamie or Michelle to show up. Neither did.

So at 11, I went up to the second floor. When I saw the inspectors in the doorway, I was relieved. I went inside and they did their usual thing. I presented the contract and they and he signed it. He put the cash on top and she took a picture of that. Collie said there was food in the kitchen. I did not go look. Man asked if he could leave his trash cans there and I said yes, we would take them to the swap shop. He gave me his key and I put it in the envelop with the cash.

Then we all left. As we got to the first floor, he called out that the apartment wasn't locked. So Bailey came with me to lock it (so I wouldn't have to walk by him alone). Then as we reached the first floor again, he called out that he had left some bags inside. Again, she went with me to unlock it and let him get his stuff. I locked it again and we all walked out. I went out front with her and talked until we saw his car drive away. Then I went out back to get my car.

I went to the library to return a DVD and get another one. Then I went to the first apartment to finish shampooing the shag carpet, leaving just the bedroom carpet for later. I went home for breakfast.

As I was preparing it, Jenni called to ask about church and what we could do in the absence of a chaplain. I finished breakfast and watched The Highwire. At 3:30 I went to the gym to walk. But there were bouncy houses in the gym and Michelle and Jenni were talking to parents as the kids played. I took off my shoes and went to jump. It was quite a workout. Later Diane came and we walked upstairs. It was 4:45 when I left.

I went to the first apartment to finish vacuuming and shampooing. I also pulled down the outdoor temperature sensor. Then I went home to get the key to the new apartment. I went over there to drop off the cleaning supplies. I also pulled the cut fruit from his fridge and took it home. I read the sell-by dates. I threw out the October and December ones, But two were dated today so I kept those and ate one.

Chris had come home from work and put steaks in the oven (even though he brought home his usual pizza). After eating the fruit and letting it digest a bit, I ate some steak with rice. I worked on my blog and fielded texts. I crushed garlic and ate it.

I made tea and we watched episodes of Jeannie. The DVD had two minisodes on it, which we thought were cross-over episodes, but they had nothing to do with Jeannie. Afterward, we got into an argument, resolved it, then he went to bed and I stayed up as usual.

No comments: