Monday, January 30, 2023

Chris in church

Sunday

I went to bed late, then tossed and turned for hours. Partly I was worried about church. I sorta kinda lead the service, which is fine with just my friends, but having just invited the Utah National Guard, something a little more on target might be expected. And what if I don't have enough snack?

Finally, I got up, drank a little tonic water, and read a book for some time. When I got tired, I went back to bed, but sleep did not come and soon Chris was getting up to start his day. I made a plan to sleep in, and eventually I did sleep. I woke up and it wasn't bright out so I tried to go back to sleep, still pondering the issue of church.

I got up at 9:30. Chris was still here. He was supposed to visit the Shoshonee remembrance of the Bear River Massacre. But bad weather had canceled his plans. I asked him to come to church and he said he would.

I drank hydrogen water and peeled the parchment paper from the giant seed cracker. I broke it up into smaller pieces and put them in a container for church. I jotted notes for my blog for last night. I watered the plants. I read e-mail and listened to various talks.

I washed up and got dressed for church. I made breakfast and ate it. I grabbed the seed crackers and remaining cheese squares. I carried my trombone and guitar out to the car. Chris suited up and got in the passenger seat. We went to the chapel.

Jenni arrived at the same time. Chris carried the instruments while I unlocked the door. I put the seed crackers on the back table and kept the cheese squares in my handbag in case we didin't need them. I assembled my trombone. Chris called Maintenance to fix the hot water in the building. Randy walked in. When Chris' call was ended, we sang two hymns. Randy said the prayer, then asked us to talk about what we read this week. Michelle said hers, Diane talked, Jenni said something, and I talked. Randy made notes, then started talking about Genesis. It wasn't a sermon because people asked questions or made comments, which changed the direction he was going.

Then Jenni talked about a hymn and the person who wrote it. Then I played it on trombone as we sang it. Afterward I announced the snacks. And Diane specifically asked about cheese squares so I pulled the container out. But no extra people had come from the Utah National Guard. And Jenni suggested the cheese square be eaten with a seed cracker. So then almost all the cheese got eaten. Sigh.

We locked up and went home. It was cold, snowing and gusty. When we got home, we changed clothes. We harvested the small pineapple and ate it. I read e-mail for a bit, then heated up steak and squash. I crushed some garlic. When hot, I ate them together.

At 5 the game started. Our little team was jumped on by three giant spiders. I kept healing the injured but they got re-injured and I ran out of healing spells. We did vanquish them, then headed to the courtyard to set up camp for the night. But then three muddy skeletons came out of the lake and attacked us. So we fought again and I used a “turn undead” spell to immobilize them long enough that we could run to the town. We went back to the professors house where his daughter served us supper. Then we bedded down for the night and each had a nightmare.

After the game, Chris and I discussed it. Then I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched TV. We finished season 5 of Jeannie. The last episode did not seem like a season ender, much less the end of the whole show.

Soon Chris went to bed. I stayed up to catch up on e-mail, then went to bed myself.

No comments: