Monday, January 9, 2023

Our own version of church

Sunday

I didn't sleep well, but I don't know why. I don't know when I got up. I did the usual, then went to make cheese squares. But I only had one egg. I asked Chris for his eggs and he said they were hardboiled. So I sat at my laptop to find out the conversion rate for freeze-dried eggs. Then I remembered that there were frozen eggs in the freezer, so I got out a package to thaw.

I was listening to a podcast when suddenly it hit me that I had not fed the colonel's cats. So I quickly dressed, and drove up the hill. I found the cats doing well, though their wet food was gone and the dry food and water were diminished. I rectified that and scooped the litter. Then I played with them for a few minutes before leaving.

I stopped by the dirty house to check it out. I met Arzu and said hello. Her dog sniffed me. Then I went home. I resumed the podcast. I got a text that church was canceled. I took a bunch of enzymes and set the timer (after replacing the battery). The eggs were thawed, so I beat them and made cheese squares. While they baked, I made breakfast. Michelle texted about having our own version of church.

After breakfast, I took cheese squares out, but they were too hot to pack up. I got dressed and went to the chapel. No one was there, so I played two hymns on the piano. Michelle came with her husband, then Saronna's daughter and later Saronna. Michelle said a prayer, and her husband said a few words, like a thought for the day. Saronna and I played again. We had a discussion, then went home.

I read e-mail all afternoon, then had a bowl of soup. I joined the online Damour roleplaying game. We played for three hours, investigating rooms at the prison and getting attacked by undead skeletons.

It was after 8 when we all signed off. I read e-mail briefly, then worked on my blog. I made tea, and watched several episodes of Jeannie. Then I watched videos on my laptop on how to calculate square roots by hand. It seemed like a convoluted process. I went to bed still thinking about it.

No comments: