Sunday, January 1, 2023

Rubik's Playground

Saturday

I got up at 8:30, again with no idea how late it was because my alarms are turned off. I brushed and swished. I vacuumed the den, then put water in the carpet cleaner. I ran over the main pathway on the carpet, but the water wasn't coming out. I took it apart and cleaned it. Then it worked fine. I did a deep clean all the way from the back door to the kitchen and under my laptop table.

The cashew and sunflower ferment was on the counter. I blended it with lemon juice and salt, and put it in a disposable container for Michelle. Then I put on my boots and went out in the rain to the dirty house.

Jamie was already there. We had a little chat before getting to work. She worked on toilets, soaking them with vinegar-laden paper towels. When done, the toilets looked brand new! I worked on the banister, then the front hallway and door, and closet. I soaked and scubbed the floor registers. Around noon, she left and soon after, it was my turn.

When I got home, Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. I waited until he had his shower, then took mine. I made breakfast and ate it while reading e-mail and looking at articles. The colonel called Chris to update him on something, and I told him to take the guy a loaf of braided bread. Chris also picked up the rolling pin from the chaplain, and the mail from the post office. Still no foot pedal.

Michelle texted me an invite to come over and play the Rubik's Playground game. So Chris made supper a little early. I worked on my blog, but I didn't finish. I ate supper and collected a box of water bottles. I planted the lettuce from last week.

We went over to Michelle's house to play the Rubik's game. The kids were there for awhile, then went to a neighbor's house. Chris stayed for awhile, then went home about 9:30. I stayed and played some. Casey had to work on getting it up to speed. I don't know how he did it, but eventually he got it to play right. The kids came home. I chatted with Michelle, and finally decided I should go home too. Casey filled my water bottles from their new water filtration device. Michelle gave me Cedrick's bear to patch. Then she drove me home. We sat in her car and talked way too long.

When I got to the door with the bear and box of water bottles, I banged on it, but Chris did not hear me. So I struggled to get inside. I thought he had gone to bed, but he was watching a movie with headphones. Sigh. He took the box from me and set it down. Then he started the dryer to heat the sheets. I folded a few things and put them away. I finished writing up today and turned to yesterday. Then we put clean sheets on the bed and retired for the night.

No comments: