Saturday, June 24, 2023

Antelope Inn sale

Thursday

I woke up at 7:30, suddenly remebering that I had texted Myra the night before. I turned on my phone and saw she had responded. I called Michelle to say we were meeting Myra at the hotel. I through on some clothes and headed over. When I got there, the two were already conversing. I joined in. We talked about our escapades. Scott came out and was ready to leave so Myra joined him. We hugged goodbye. Michelle and I stayed to chat a little longer, then walked together out to the parking lot. I got in my car while she introduced herself to the people in the next car.

I went home. I put the milk on the stove to heat. I ran to the library to return season 9 and check out season 10. I told the librarian that I was sorry he was leaving.

When I got back, I stirred the milk and sat at my laptop to find something to listen to during the cheese-making process. But the next thing I heard was the milk boiling over. I turned it off and slowly poured in some vinegar. I stirred gently until curds formed. I filtered them out and left them to drip dry. I texted Michelle asking if she wanted to be paid in cash or cheese. She chose cheese. Then I measured out 8 oz for her.

I found something to listen to while I cut up a watermelon. I saved the red flesh in baggies for the freezer, and diced up the rind for the compost pile. I made several trips outside. I made and ate breakfast and watched The Highwire. When it was over, it was almost time to walk with Michelle at 2:30, but she texted to say that the repair man was there and to come at 3 instead. So I picked out three quilts for the craft show next week. Then I sat back down to compose a paragraph to go with the display.

So I was a little late getting to Michelle's house. Then we walked over to the Antelope Inn where MWR was selling off all the furnishings. It was only 10 minutes into the sale, but we had trouble getting in because of the line of people coming out with fridges, couches, tables, recliners, mattresses, etc. We looked through the rooms and noticed that each closet had an iron and ironing board. We each grabbed an iron and I grabbed a board. It would be nice to store in the chapel for sewing class.

The big find was in the basement. It was loaded with sheets, coffee makers, waste baskets, ice buckets, etc. And two big rolling laundry carts. We grabbed the carts and loaded them with sheets and blankets for the NASA people since there isn't enough room for them at the IGH hotel. No pillow cases, oddly enough. I found a few other things, like stackable shelves, shower curtain rings, a few towels, a mop with a long handle, a hardy hose in the furnace room, short hoses for washing machines, etc. Revonna wanted a washing machine and promised to buy dinner for the firefighters that got it up the stairs. I think they were the same ones that helped us with the two big baskets.

I found some DVD players and a small recliner to replace mine. We waited outside the door for some reason. MWR charged us very little for what we got. Michelle, driving Revonna's car, dropped the blue recliner at my house. I walked back to my car and brought it to the hotel to pick up my stuff but Michelle and Casey were already pushing the carts to their house.

I went home. Chris had brought in the blue recliner and situated it in the living room. I had a bite to eat. Michelle and Casey came by with the stuff I bought at the sale. I opened the garage and we stored most of it. They stayed to chat. She helped me separate the conglomeration of shower hooks into packs of 12. Sadly there were only 47.

It was 9 by the time they left. Chris was playing a game on the computer. I heated tea and played my trombone. We watched one episode of SG1. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up to place a last minute Swansons order because the sale ended at midnight.

No comments: