Saturday, June 17, 2023

Getting the irrigation system up and running

Friday

I got up around 8. After the usual, I rinsed sprouts and carefully picked out the rotting hulls. I looked at videos on sewing windsocks. Should make a good class project. I watered the outdoor plants. Tower garden is now back in one piece. I planted microgreens.

I went to Mike's house to clean for half an hour. Nothing left but to mop floors. I did them all except the utility room since there is stuff that the DISH people have to pick up and that oxygen concentrator. Then I went by the post office for the mail.

I read e-mail, then made a late breakfast, listening to various vidoes. Chris came home from writing his sit-rep and ate pizza for lunch. We went to Tooele for groceries. I got certificates from Melanie's, good for a nutrition counseling session. We also stopped at the commissary and ordered sesame oil. We put the food away, then I read e-mail while listening to Mike Adams. I ate the rest of the barbecued meat with quinoa.

I went to the garden to plant the corn sprouts. I was also going to repair the hose to the timer and the soaker hoses. But I could not get the damaged hose end off. So I went home and got ready for game night. I put stuff for Michelle in a bag and set it by the water container. But then she texted that she wasn't home so game night was canceled.

Chris offered to go to the garden to repair the hose. So we took my car and I drove to the garden. He cut off the end of the hose, and replaced it with the new one we bought today. He turned on the water and we noticed the end connected to the timer was leaking. So he fixed that, too. Then we went to the gas station to fill up my tank. I drove home, turning at the road past the Headquarters building.

When we got home, I scraped up some of the home made ice cream. I figure it takes more effort to dig it out than the calories consumed. Then I posted to my blog and made tea and we watched two episodes of SG1. He went to bed and I stayed up till 11.

No comments: