Friday, June 2, 2023

Now the sewing class has award-winning teachers

Thursday

I woke up before Chris took his shower. I pulled the towel over my eyes and tried to go back to sleep. I got up after 7:30. I did the usual, checking on plants, etc. I took care of some minor things. Then I got ready for cleaning.

I stopped by the library to get the next season of SG1. Then I stopped by the high school to see if the principal would let me borrow some band books over the summer. He was so helpful! He let me have my pick of anything. He said people could rent a band instrument for free if they didn't have one to play. I spent some time deciding what to get. Then I picked a director's copy and a selection of band method books for the most popular instruments. I took the stack to the office and the lady wrote down the names. But they didn't make me sign anything, saying the books were old and nobody was using them.

So it was after 11 when I got out of the school. I was going to clean, but I got a text from the CSM telling me to show up at 3 with Michelle, Tonja, Jenni, and Christina. I had to reschedule my afternoon and get the others to reschedule theirs. I was not happy about it.

When I got to Diane's house, all I had time for was to put all the remaining condiments in a padded box and clean the freezer and that one shelf in the fridge. I took the condiments to Saronna's house. She was happy to have them, understanding that she could throw out anything she didn't want. She gave me a small thank-you card signed by her kids for buying her family a pool pass. It was lovely.

I went home and made breakfast. I ate while watching The Highwire. But before it was over, Chris came home. I told him about the box and he told me who to call. So I did. The callee asked me to meet officers there in 10 minutes. So I drove over and opened the garage door. I looked through cupboards and nooks to see if anything else offered clues. When the men arrived, they told me I could leave and they would lock up. So I left.

I changed into nicer shorts, then picked up Michelle and went to the club. It was crowded. When the meeting started, the first thing they did was to give awards to the five of us and some others that I recommended for volunteering. We had to pose for pics, then we sat down in the other room and read each others awards. Mine was all about sewing class. After a little discussion, we decided that we could leave. Everything else was employee awards and Commander's Cup. So Michelle and I went back to her house. She changed clothes and we walked to the gym. We did some weights, then played raquet ball. Then I did some weight machines while Michelle talked to me. I was exhausted.

After a rest, we walked back to Michelle's house. We stood by my car chatting until almost 5, then we went to 60B to give him a quote. It was pretty clean. Jamie showed up and looked around. We quoted him $100 and made a note of the signing date next Tuesday.

Jamie and I walked back to my car. I told her Michelle was willing to clean that house all by herself. She was relieved. We agreed to meet at 610B to clear the fridge. I went home for the insulated box and a cooler. I went over there and started looking at the food in the fridge. I put a few things like cheese in my cooler. Jamie showed up with an insulated bag. She took some things too, and said she didn't want the alcohol. So I took the big bottle of whiskey,

When I got home, Chris was there eating pizza. I showed him the bottle of whiskey. He hugged me really hard and said how proud he was of me and how sorry he was that he missed the awards ceremony. We talked a bit, then I put the cooler food away. I ate the jar of marinated artichoke hearts and worked on my blog, not certain I could remember everything I did today.

I found a pic of a project I intend to make, and posted it as the sewing project for Saturday. I made tea and we watched two episodes of SG1. Chris went to bed and later so did I.

No comments: