Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Trip to the geode beds

Monday

I got up around 8, took the drops, drank hydrogen water and brushed my teeth. I watered the plants inside and out. I checked e-mail. One article said not to plant corn with tomatoes, nor legumes near onions.

I went to the company house to do a quick cleaning. Then I went to Mike's house to mop the last of the utility room floor. I took a look around to see if anything else was needed. The place smelled badly and I discovered that someone had forgotten to flush the toilet. I also washed the windows in the front screen door

Myra called to say they were coming over. I watered the garden, then went home. I unloaded cleaning supplies from my car. They arrived, and we chatted for a bit. They had just eaten breakfast. I put some food in a bag, plus apples. We got in Scott's rental car, went to the garden for digging stuff.

He drove down Pony Express,slowly, stopping to take pictures of wildlife and terrain. Then we stopped at the only outhouse on the road. No running water. There was a recreation of a pony express rest stop.

As we were nearing the destination, the sign said park here and walk the last two miles to the geode beds. That was news to us! We tried to drive it anyway, but the car didn't have enough clearance. So we stopped at a pit, and dug where others had dug before. No luck.

She and Chris found some sparkly rocks. Then we headed up the road, I was going to walk the two miles anyway since I don't plan to ever come back, but a truck came out from the beds and said it was too far to walk back with a bucket of rocks. We should have had a 4-wheeler.

Going back took just as long. And we made a few stops. At home, I jumped out to take a quick shower and head to the Junebug birthday party at Saronna's house. I had nothing to bring. Kids were playing with a pool, splashing each other. There were kids reading in the tent. I ate some beef hotdogs. The kids bobbed for apples, and I picked one out after they left. Then Saronna served cake and homemade ice cream. I read to some kids in the teant. Then the birthday kids opened presents in the living room. I stayed to talk to adults and borrow their Andromeda series .

As I headed home, I got pulled over for not stopping completely at the stop sign. But instead of asking for my ID, he said he knew I cleaned houses with Jamie and was very tired. So he gave me a verbal warning. I went home, and told Chris what happened. I got a handful of nuts to eat while working on my blog. Jamie stopped by and needed emotional support. We talked for almost an hour on the front porch. After she left, I went back to my blog. By the time I finished, there was only time for one episode of SG1.

No comments: