Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Out, out, darned spots

Tuesday

I got up after the 7:30 alarm. I got dressed and wanted to go to the garden but it was almost cold outside. I turned on my phone and played a message. I got a pen and paper to write the number down and phone had nothing. I could find no record of the message or the number.

I read e-mail, and emptied the dishwasher. I went to the garden to water, then went to Housing to get the number of the maintenance person who left the message. When I got home, he was waiting for me, oddly enough. He fixed the window while I watered outside.

Then I got ready for inspection. I went to Mike's house early. I emptied the trash and pulled off stuff stuck to the bottom of the trash bin. An inspector arrived and helped me move the oxygen tank to my trunk. Then the inspection proceeded. The house passed even through there were spots in the master tub. I promised to come back and work on them. I waited for them to finish their paperwork, then Colly and I figured out how to get the filing cabinet into the dumpster. Then we left. I came back with the pink stuff and put it on the spots.

I went home for breakfast. I laid out in the sun for a bit. I got ready to go to Mike's house to check on the spots. Saronna texted that she wasn't up for music today, so I thought I had an extra hour. But as I got in the car, Jamie called. I went back inside and we talked for half an hour. She said she tried everything to get the spots off of the tub. Then I again headed to Mike's house. But as I rounded the corner, I saw Revonna packing her car. I stopped to talk to her. She talked for half an hour, during which time the sun went through my shirt and burned my skin.

Finally I got to the house. I washed off the pink stuff and scrubbed. The spots were lighter. Then I poured some bleach on the lower ones and some vinegar on the upper ones. I went home to text the group about walking. I ate some cherries. Only Michelle replied.

So we met at the gym and walked almost an hour. Then we chatted some more until I could break away and go home for the quilt meeting. I signed into Zoom, but there was no response. So I figured maybe they stopped doing Zoom since they were now meeting in person. But while I was reading e-mail, the meeting came to life. I watched the speaker show off his quilts. He talked about them and the techniques he used, but the audio wasn't good and I couldn't make it out.

Finally Chris came home and I asked if he was going to the community meeting. He didn't know about it, but he decided to go as a show of support. I left the Zoom meeting and put on flip flops. We went to the gym and met the CSM who was going to lead the meeting. We chatted while waiting for people to show up. Michelle came with a pan of rice crispy treats. Then the four of us discussed having a 4th of July party at the pool. People walked in and out. Then one man had a suggestion to make, that the convenience store stay open for another half hour so the security guards could shop there. Their work hours and the shop hours are exactly the same. That discussion went on for some time.

After the meeting, Chris drove me to Tonja's house. I gave her receipts for her app. She sold me a set of shelves. Chris and Jeff took them apart and put them in the car while I talked with Tonja. I also gave her a certificate for a free nutrition counseling at Melanie's.

Then we went to Mike's house. I washed the bleach and vinegar off. The spots were almost gone. I poured some bleach on the upper spots and we left. When we got home, we each made our own supper. I made a salad and ate while reading e-mail and listening to a tapping video. Then I worked on my blog while Michelle kept texting me.

I made tea and we watched one episode of SG1. Chris went to bed but I stayed up later to catch up on e-mail.

* The pronghorn grazed outside the post office. *

No comments: