Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Cashew ice cream: not as good as I expected

Monday

I got up around 8. After the usual stuff, I blended up the cashews that soaked overnight with coconut milk, water and cocoa powder. I put it in the freezer to firm up before adding the salt.

I pulled out the jar of LAB and skimmed the cheese-like top off. I siphoned off the whey and put it in a jar marked LAB. I put some of the cheese in a small container for Michelle. Then I made margarita vinegar and left it to ferment in the pantry.

I went to Second street to meet Michelle. She showed me the sticky stuff on the bathroom door. I tried scrubbing it with different things, like rubbing alcohol, magic eraser, Murphy's oil soap, Goo Gone. But nothing would take it off.

Then I stopped by to see Saronna. We talked about watering the apple tree. Then I went home for lunch. I added salt to the ice cream which was still quite liquid. I watered the outdoor plants. After Chris went back to work, I got together stuff to plant in the garden, like sprouts and potatoes.

Once in the garden, I started planting corn and peas in one row and beet and radish seeds in the next row, alternating rows. Saronna and her kids showed up at her garden. I asked if her husband was making anything from snake skin and she said no. I told her about the snake and all the kids wanted to see it. I led them to the corner of my garden and Moira noticed that there were two heads. So two snakes. They smelled badly and were covered in flies. Saronna was kind enough to grab the netting that they were tangled it and carry them out into the field.

I attached the little hose to the spigot, but it leaked badly. I got enough water to wet down the planted rows. Then I went to Mike's house and cleaned the shelves and baseboards in the master closet.

From there, I went walking with Michelle, outside, starting at the gym. When we were nearly done, we ran into Brittany. She had something on her mind so we stood and they talked. It was too long for me and made my feet hurt. Then we walked back to gym and sat for a bit.

I went home, and made salad for supper. I listened to something as I ate. I knew Michelle was leading water aerobics at 6:30, so I went to pool. I was too tired to swim, plus the stench of chlorine was very strong. I sat on a bench and kind of mimicked her movements. Jenni and Heather were in the water doing the dance. I thought the motions were kind of suggestive. One song had bad words and it left me with a bad attitude. After half an hour, she took a break and everyone seemed to be done. I stayed around for a little conversation, then went home.

I pulled out the cashew ice cream from the freezer. It was quite hard. I started working on my blog and Faye called. So I talked to her as I scraped at the frozen block with a spoon. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Maybe next time I'll add a banana and some vanilla.

After the call, I worked on my blog again. Then I made tea and we watched SG1. I fell asleep during the second episode. Chris went to bed. Later I got up to turn the lights off and do my nightly routine.

No comments: