Friday, June 16, 2023

Finish one house and start another

Thursday

I got up after 7:30. I took the drops, got dressed, and folded the towels from the dryer. I rescued my comb from the oven where it was soaking in a bowl of ammonia water. It still wasn't as clean as I had hoped. I washed the cheese-making utensils. I rinsed the sprouts and checked my messages. It rained. I did some tapping to improve my mood. I washed the carrot sprouter and made up a week's worth of supplements.

At 10:15 I went to Mike's house to clean. Jamie came over to talk. We made a plan to get the house done and inspected by next Tuesday. At noon I went home for breakfast and watched The Highwire.

At 1:30 I stopped it and wrote a cleaning contract. I met the inspectors and the occupant in his apartment. We chatted and wrote down the appliance numbers. We all signed my contract and the inspectors contract. He gave me $175 and a key. We all left and I locked the door.

I went home to finish The Highwire. Then I went to 60B to check it out. I rolled the bins back to the curb. I found a few things inside that needed a quick wipe or a scrub. I put in new burner bowls, but the two large ones didn't fit. I went by Housing to ask for a quick inspection (because they won't be open again until Tuesday and by then the lawn will need mowing). They agreed. I went home for another set of large burner bowls. I went back to the house and put them in. The inspectors arrived and went through the house. They seemed satisfied.

I took the mail and went to the post office to turn it in since the occupant had left. It was literally the last second before they closed. Then I went to the swap shop down the hall to give Tonja my receipts. I stayed to chat and look around. Later her husband came in and wanted me to tell my husband about men that needed to use the laundry room.

Then I went to Housing to turn in the keys. I returned home to jot notes for my blog and rehydrate. I texted the occupant to put in a forwarding address. I posted to the community page about the stack-n-whack demonstration this Saturday. I made a salad for supper with a hardboiled egg. (I had to cook the first one I cracked because it WASN'T boiled. I ate while listening to a commentary on planned obsolescence. Apparently in the '50's influential men thought that the economy would be too slow if everything lasted a long time. What if those companies had to pay for the excess waste?

I posted to my blog. I made more flax/chia mix, Chris came home with a pizza. After he ate, I made tea and we watched two episodes of SG1. Then he went to bed and I stayed up to watch a relaxing video.

** Did you know that Dr. Birx was a colonel in the army? **

No comments: