Saturday, June 3, 2023

The party and game night

Friday

We got up before 8. I did the usual and rinsed sprouts. I watered all the plants, indoors and out. I made a shopping list and decided that the commissary had everything I needed so we didn't have to drive to Tooele this week. Instead I went to Diane's house to clean. Later Jamie came over as well. I worked in the utility room and the dining room.

After 2 hours, I went to 610 to clear out more stuff from the fridge. I took what fit in my insulated box and went home for breakfast. I took items out of the box and either put them in my fridge or threw them in the trash. The salad went in the compost pile. I also brought home the range filters. I put them in the container with the burner bowls and added more boiling water and ammonia.

I ate breakfast while reading e-mail and listening to videos. I made a batch of cheese squares from the cheese and eggs in the 610 fridge. I changed into nicer clothes and went to Michelle's house where Melanie and Sheila were having a spa day.

Sheila provided magnesium foot baths for each person. Melanie was doing Bach Flower essences, and Michelle put out snacks and ice cream (in part because of Jenni's birthday). We had a fantastic time. Sheila really went all the way with foot scrubbers and samples of magnesium spray and foot butter. Everyone agreed that we would like to do it again.

I stayed to talk after everyone left. Then we agreed that we needed to go to the commissary. She went and I drove home to get Chris and the list. He was cooking steak and mushrooms. I had a few shrooms, then we went shopping. We ran into Saronna and the kids shopping for tomorrow. When we got home, I ate steak with leftover rice. I read e-mail. I learned the following from a short video:

Human beings create only 3% of the 0.04% of the world's atmosphere which is carbon dioxide. Even if human beings reached 0%, what good would that do? And the harm caused by the efforts to reduce to 0% are enormous.

I got ready for Game Night. Then around 8:30, I drove to Michelle's house. Casey had the game up. I had been waiting all week for this and then couldn't remember what new things I wanted to try. I went to the water, and the sea monster ate a creepy crawly and spit out the bones. The puzzle was to reassemble the bones. Michelle searched for a pic and I followed it but nothing happened. I changed a few that seemed interchangeable, but that didn't work either. She called up some videos that addressed the subject, but each time the video ended with the player falling and saying bad words. It was actually kind of funny. But why would you upload a video of yourself failing to solve a puzzle?

Finally she found a video of someone playing. I was able to get it then, and I followed the video going forward, sort of. Not as much fun that way, but also not as much frustration. At 11, Casey filled the water container and took it out to my car. I thanked him and went home. Chris was still up. I just went to bed and he followed.

No comments: