Sunday, June 18, 2023

Pool and game night

Saturday

I got up around 8. I brushed my teeth and got dressed. Jamie texted that she needed to drop stuff at the swap shop. So I ran over there and opened it. She was emotional about something so we talked about that for a bit. Then we carried Mike's stuff inside. I got a sponge and wiped down the dusty stuff. After a bit, she left.

I went to check my mail, and to give a forwarding address to the postal clerk. We ended up talking about the state of the world and the corruption. Then she went back to work, and I went to the company house to asses the situation. Only one bed was stripped and those sheets were in the washing machine. So I added some towels and turned it on.

Then I went to the garden. I hooked up a hose to the splitter. I adjusted the times on the timer. But since I don't trust it, I used the hose to water the newly planted stuff. Then I went home. I hunted down the 4 strips I cut from a graphic piece of fabric. I cut two more repeats and carefully pinned the 6 layers together, matching elements of the design. I made and ate breakfast while reading e-mail. It went longer than I intended.

Then I grabbed all my sewing stuff. Chris moved the machines to my trunk. I went to the chapel and parked. Sophia was already there, as was Tonja. Chris drove up and helped me unload the machines. We took them inside and I let Wilhelm plug them in.

I talked about fabric repeats. I showed them the strips and how they were pinned carefully together. Then I made some 60 degree cuts and let them sew the triangles together. I helped Wilhelm sew his. The others had at least one wrong seam to be taken out. But all the kids finished their project. Then Saronna and Tonja helped me clean up and carry stuff to the car.

Tonja went to see someone about the swap shop. Saronna went to water the apple tree with her kids. I went to the company house to throw the sheets in the dryer. Then I went home. Chris was getting t-bones ready for the oven. Jenni stopped by. I offered her a pickled egg since she won't be here next Sunday for the potluck. THEN, she tells me she wants the swap shop key. Tonja had texted that the door was unlocked so I passed that info along. Jenni left and I jotted notes for my blog. Michelle texted that we could have game night tonight. Tonja sent me pics from the class and I cropped them.

For supper, I had a t-bone, mushrooms and fried onions. I read e-mail as I ate. Michelle said she'd be at the pool, so at 6:30 I changed into a suit and met them there. We swam around in the deep end with float bars., conversing. It made an hour go by pretty quickly. Then we got out, toweled off and went home.

I sluiced off the chlorine and then changed into dry clothes. I packed up everything I wanted to give or return to Michelle. Then I went to the company house with the extra sheets. I made the one bed and stored the other sheets in the closet. There were some towels to sort out as well.

Then I headed to Michelle's house. The game was up and she was cutting and wrapping sections of rice crispy treats for Father's Day. I gave her the jars formerly filled with goat milk, and some goat cheese. I also gave her her next mission, which she chose to accept. Then I played the game, starting at an earlier save point, so I had to re-do some things. But I also got to open the green door in the right order. That gave me a whole new world to explore. And I did, but there wasn't much to do in that section. There was a puzzle of crystals, and I thought I solved it, but my solution was no good. Michelle looked it up on her phone and that solution worked, for whatever reason. Well, it gave me another lightbridge, for all the good it did.

It was just after 11, when I saved the game and quit. Casey carried the water out to my car. I thanked them and headed home. Chris was still up, reading in bed. I got ready and did my yoga flow, then went to bed and he turned off the light.

No comments: