Saturday, June 10, 2023

Chris returns

Friday

I got up around 7:30. I got myself ready for the day, then addressed the plants. I watered, and rearranged the tower garden. I went around the house getting it back to normal for Chris' arrival. I looked through my closet to see if I had any queen size sheets.

Before 10, I went to the garden to scatter diced grapefruit rinds. The water turnoff was leaking so I turned it off. Guess I'll have to go to the garden every day to water it. I was a little late getting to Mike's house. Jamie was already there, cleaning out the shed. I gave her her share of the money from cleaning Diane's house. We discussed some issues, then I went inside to clean the utility room and work on bedrooms upstairs. Just vacuuming made such a difference. I wished I had taken pics before I started. She left for awhile, and I saw some men come and take stuff from the dumpster. When she got back, she seemed surprised. We talked some more and I went home.

Chris was there, having just driven back from the airport. I made and ate breakfast. I posted to Facebook about having corn sprouts to give away, and wanting to play music with other like-minded people. Saronna and Randy came by to ask if I had an old hose for watering the apple tree. I was out of old hoses, but I had some soaker hoses that were just going to

get thrown away. They took them and I went back into the house.

And then we went to Tooele. We listened to the book on CD and I nearly fell asleep. We shopped at Luckey's and then I walked to Melanie's. They were out of coconut milk, so I got a can of coconut cream which I can dilute with frozen whey. Then we shopped at Macey's and went back to base. We stopped at the commissary for a few last things and went home.

Chris put most of the food away. He hardboiled more than a dozen eggs. One of them exploded. I read e-mail and snacked through supper time. I made a batch of seed crackers. I worked on my blog. I poured my tea into bottles for game night.

I went to Michelle's place with the water container and two bottles of tea. Casey had the game up. She and I chatted a bit, then I got started. I had three things on my game to-do list and I did all three. Then I got stuck. Michelle called up the relevant Youtube video and we watched the main character plug a panel into sparks coming up from the floor. Then a door opened. Well, when I tried it, nothing happened. We watched the video several times. We saw the character pry the panel off with a tuck, then plug the cord into the panel and into the hole with the sparks. But when we did it, the cord disappeared and the character refused to pry the panel off with the tusk. By then it was 11, and I decided we needed to start from a restore point next time.

Michelle carried the water out to my car. I drove home. Chris was in bed, so I turned off the router and did my nightly routine, then crawled in next to him.

No comments: