Monday, June 19, 2023

Myra comes to visit

Sunday

I got up after 8, feeling unrested. I checked my phone for messages from Myra, and checked Facebook, but no dice. I got dressed and watered the plants outside. I made a batch of seed crackers and refilled several mixes. Then I sat down to read e-mail.

Around 11 I got a message that Scott and Myra were going to see the salt flats before they came to visit. So I went on with my usual Sunday schedule. I made breakfast at noon and then got dressed for church. I took my trombone and seed crackers to the chapel.

I arrived just about the same time as Saronna and Pastor Chris. She brought her daughter. I wished him a Happy Father's Day. Then Sgt King joined the discussion. Michelle showed up and we talked about the gospel for 90 minutes or more. Then Saronna, Sophia, and I played some hymns and the pastor said a prayer. We had some snack and all went home.

I checked my messages around 3 and got one saying they would be here in 90 minutes (an hour ago). So I cleaned in the kitchen and Chris worked on the dining room table. He went to the convenience store for beer and ran into them. So when he got home, he said they were going to check into their hotel and then would call and come over.

After a while, he started cooking supper. I took stuff from the hallway and put it away. I swept the floor. Chris set the table. I kept looking out the window until I saw them drive up. We both went outside to greet them.

She got a call and I indicated she should come it where it was quieter. After the call, we lined up in the kitchen to fill our plates, then sat at the diningroom table to share the meal. Chris had made rice, seasoned ground beef, mushrooms and toppings, including cheese.

After supper, we got in Chris' car and went to Five-Mile. Not too far away, it offered a nice view of the post. It sprinkled twice, but we didn't really get wet. Again, we had a nice chat. Then we came back, but going by Headquarters so Chris could point out a few things. When we got back to the house, we walked around the yard and talked about gophers. Then they went back to the hotel because it had been a very long day for them.

Chris and I put away the food. I sat down to write my blog and check on Jamie. Then I heated tea, and we watched two episodes of SG1. He went to bed soon after, and I stayed up reading e-mail.

No comments: