Monday, June 12, 2023

No games today

Sunday

We got up after 8:30. I got ready for the day. I read about making cleaning vinegar. I learned how to make it from the bottle of margarita. I read e-mail for a bit, then made breakfast. I got ready for church, and put seed crackers in a container. Then I took my trombone and went to the chapel.

I walked in and said hi to Sgt. King. I set up my trombone as Pastor Chris arrived. We started talking and Jenni arrived, followed by Michelle. By then he was into discussing the signs of the end times. When he was done, we sang a few praise songs, then he preached from John about the physical beatings that Jesus was subjected to. He described it graphically over and over again until I told him it was enough. He finished his sermon and I played a few hymns on trombone.

Michelle was gone by then, and I didn't see her leave. I chatted with Jenni and Pastor Chris. We had some snacks, then walked outside. I noticed Sgt King's car was gone, so I went back and locked the doors.

I went home. I saw a message from Saronna saying she couldn't make it to chapel. I watched some gardening videos and DIG videos. I changed clothes, and we went to Michelle's house. She wanted Chris to meet a man who wants to run for a congressional spot being vacated. We all talked for a bit. Then she and he went to walk around Dugway.

Chris and I went to the garden, talking to Michele who had read an article about clothes not getting clean in the wash. At the garden, we discovered that we needed a pipe wrench to tighten a fitting. We went home for the wrench. I had to dash out to grab some plastic pots that the wind whipped off of the front porch and into the side yard. Then we went back to the garden and Chris tightened the fitting till it broke. It needed a washer and now a new end. I showed him the snake, thinking it was alive, but he showed me the underbelly which had a stab wound in it. Sigh.

We went home. We had leftovers and salad. I read some e-mail. I got some watermelon from the freezer. My laptop battery read 83%. I unplugged it and within a minute the whole thing crashed. I plugged it back in, but it would not go above 1%. I asked Chris to order me another battery. I worked on my blog.

We watched a LEGO movie. Then Chris went to bed. I stayed up later to read e-mail and listen to old songs.

No comments: