Monday, June 26, 2023

We got game

Sunday

I got up around 8. My back hurt, but not enough to stop me from getting up. Was it from swimming in the pool?

I brushed my teeth and took supplements. I deleted a bunch of e-mail. I went to the garden to water it and brought some items for patching since Christina had messaged me that her husband had to turn my water off. However, the problem was not one I would have guessed. The hose end connected to the timer had come off. I was able to fix that enough to put a sprayer hose on it. I watered my plants, and took the timer/pressure thingy combo home for Chris to detangle.

At home, I got out a new timer. I put batteries in it and set the times and duration. Then I was able to get the other components unscrewed from each other. I attached the splitter to my new timer. I watered the outdoor plants at home. Then Chris came with me to the garden. We got the hoses and timer connected. We returned the pressure thingy back to the shed. I adjusted the water faucet and tested it to make sure the drip lines were not punctured.

We went home. I read e-mail for a bit, then made breakfast and ate it. I got dressed for church. I put a large jar of pickled eggs and my trombone in the car and went to the chapel.

I walked in with the eggs. I put them in the fridge then talked to Sgt King for awhile. Another man came as well as Saronna and her daughter. The pastor was late because he got chosen for an intensive search at the front gate. He said a prayer then preached on the last two chapers of John, saying we would start Revelations next week. Then Saronna and I and Sophia played two hymns.

We chatted in the church, then the women set up in the fellowship hall. We had pickled eggs and apples. I invited the men to come and eat. Casey dropped off chicken but did not stay to eat. The rest of us chatted as we ate. Saronna took some pickled eggs home for her husband and sons.

I went home and put the eggs and trombone away. I changed my clothes. Chris was gaming. I read some e-mail and placed an order for dissolving laundry detergent sheets. Chris called Jamie to help upgrade our characters for level 4. I went out back to mow part of the back yard.

Soon after 5 I came in to start the game. But it hadn't started yet, waiting for John. When it got going, we opened the portcullis and went through. Nothing attacked us. We found a torture room. Michele got cursed. We were going to go back the way we came, but she found a secret door. Entering, we walked past empty cells and found a hallway. We opened the door at the end and were in a long narrow cave. At one point we were attacked by a gelatinous creature, but we survived. At the other end, we found a door into a haunted room. Letters appeared on the walls, written in blood. We turned to run as the ceiling crashed down.

John ended the game there. We all said goodbye. I got on the desktop to look at e-mail and then to work on my blog. I went outside to water the grass in weak spots. When I heard a bubbling sound, I realized the sprinklers were powering up and I turned off the water and ran inside. I made tea and rinsed the sprouts. Then I sat with Chris to watch two episodes of SG1. I took a homeopathic remedy for menopause. We'll see if it works.

No comments: