Friday, June 30, 2023

Another one bites the dust

Wednesday

I got up around 7, just after Chris left. I prepared for coffee morning. I watered the plants outdoors. A gopher made a run for it and I followed him with the hose, drenching him. He popped over the curb and I ran out of hose. So I grabbed a rock and went looking for him. He was slowly making his way toward the driveway. The rock came down upon his head, and on the rest of him.

I went on with coffee morning exercises, and meditation amd MMS. Then I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. I washed dishes and other utensils I use every day. Chris came home for lunch. I made a gold sleeve for the quilt with the green back. I set my sewing machine on a basting stitch and just sewed it on with matching thread.

I took the last dose of MMS at 2:45. I went to the library where they were tie-dying t-shirts. I looked over the instructions to see which procedure I wanted. I kept getting interrupted by texts. When I had an idea in mind, I went to my car to get a surgeon's gown to keep the dye off my clothes. They had plastic gloves, too, but somehow my hands still got colored. I applied dye to the shirt and tried to spread it with a paintbrush. Michelle showed up, and she made a shirt for her daughter. I got a text to meet someone at the swap shop, so I left my shirt there and headed over.

Turns out Tonja was just opening it, so I could have stayed put. Still, we chatted a bit and he came in and got two boxes. Later Michelle arrived with my shirt. She said they were packing up the dyes. We chatted some more, and I went home.

I looked over the quilts and decided on a black and white sleeve. I found some fabric and sewed it together. Michelle came over to help me rearrange for the new colonel's visit. We worked on one of the diningroom chairs. Then she had to leave. I went back to work on the sleeve. Then Jamie came over to tell me she was doing well, before dashing off to the commissary.

I heated milk on the stove. I dashed to the garden to make sure everything was ok. It kinda started to rain. I came back and finished making cheese. I whipped up a batch of seed crackers and put them in the oven. I texted Michelle about the cheese. She said she'd come when the rain stopped. Chris came home from Mass with a pizza.

I sewed on the sleeve at the dining room table. Then I worked on my blog while Chris read on the couch. When I had posted, I made tea. We sat down to watch SG1. In the middle of the episode, Michelle and Casey arrived because the rain had stopped. We chatted a bit, then they moved the old brown recliner out to the back porch. Because the sprinklers happened to be on, they left it there and moved the new blue recliner to the spot just vacated. We chatted in the kitchen for a bit, then they carried the chair to the front while Chris carried the dolly through the house. They put the chair on the long part. Michelle jumped in and Casey pushed her all the way to the dumpster on the next street. I tried to get a pic, but it was getting dark.

We finished our episodes of SG1 and he went to bed. I stayed up to parse supplements for the next week, then turned in.

No comments: