Thursday, June 15, 2023

Suspicious car and goat cheese

Wednesday

I stayed in bed until after I heard Chris leave. I did not hear him take a shower, but that was because he went to the Army birthday party at 7 (a walk/run event). When I got up, it was raining so I figured it was rained out. I got started on coffee morning with the usual exercises, etc. Then, while I reading, he came home and took his shower and went back to work.

I finished my tapping and meditation. I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. He came home again around lunch time with the mail, but did not stay. I took my shower, gave myself a haircut, and did some vacuuming, then checked my computer to see if anyone messaged me. I got caught up in reading e-mail.

The lady in charge of the company house e-mailed me that new people were coming in tonight, so I ran over there with extra sheets and changed the beds. I brought home all the dirty sheets. I went back to reading e-mail. I planted potatoes and did some watering.

I met Michelle at the gym for walking. She said Mickie needed a ride home so I ran Mickie home. Then we walked around several blocks. We went by the white car with the big black bumper. I've seen it parked in many different spots and there is always a guy sitting in it. So we called Dispatch. We worked out with weights till after 5. Dispatch called back to say the man was the supervisor for the construction workers who are tearing down the old schools.

I took Michelle home and we ran into Saronna. Michelle gave me a gallon of goat milk, burner bowls,some plastic tubs and keys. I rolled slowly down the street to where Saronna was and her daughter gave me a new Chillow. Then I went home.

The half gallon jars would not fit in my fridge, so I poured most of the milk into a black pot for making cheese. I saved some to feed the kefir grains and a little more to make fermented cheese. I turned on the burner and set the timer for stirring. I listened to a podcast on akashic records. I stirred the milk when the timer rang.

Michelle dropped by to try the new and improved cashew ice cream. She ate some and we discussed how it could be better, more scoopable. When Chris came home from Mass, she talked to him about feeding the people from NASA. During that conversation, the milk reached the cheesing point. I poured in some vinegar and we watched the curds form. I scooped them out into a sprouter cup which would let the whey drip out. The conversation continued until she finally went home.

I took the ice cream from the freezer and stirred it up well to incorporate the frozen stuff on the sides, then put it in the fridge. I worked on my blog and made tea. I drank several cups of warm whey while we watched two episodes of SG1. Later he went to bed and I stayed up to read Telegram messages.

No comments: