Tuesday, June 27, 2023

The irrigation system is working

Monday

I got up around 7:30. I got ready for the day. I watered the plants at home, in the back and side and front. I stopped at the company apartment to get the bedding, but there was still no key. I texted as much to Jamie.

Then I went to the garden. The hose end had blown off again and the timer unit was lying on the ground. I ad to go home to get my tools. Then I tried one of the small hoses from the hotel, but discovered it had two female ends. I reassembled the hose end that blew. I watered my plants and made sure the water pressure was low, but enough. I also watered the peonies.

I went home. I read e-mail and listened to talks from the dental summit. I made and ate breakfast. I cut blades of 'grass' from the microgreens. Not bad. I ate a grapefruit while still reading e-mail. Then at 2 I went to an apartment Michelle had cleaned. She met me there. We went through it together. It was pretty good. Then we talked outside for awhile. Afterward, I went to Housing to schedule the inspection for tomorrow.

Michelle came over to help me select quilts for the hobby show. We went through most of them. We chose 5. Four of them needed hanging sleeves. We talked till after 5 and then she went home. I found some strips to sew together into a sleeve. I made a salad, then Chris came home from work. He cooked mushrooms and fish.

I met Michelle and Casey at the garden at 7:30. He tried plugging the holes in the lines, but the plugs didn't help. The leaks continued. So we rustled up some new lines and put them in. The whole thing took about an hour.

I came home, put the food away, and made tea. I worked on my blog, then watched SG1 with Chris. He went to bed and I stayed up to finish my blog and to listen to part of Mary and Polly's talk on recent articles.

No comments: