Sunday, June 25, 2023

Cleaning the house

Sat, June 24

We got up around 7:30. I suggested we put the old battery back in and see if it works, but Chris was certain it would not. I took supplements and washed dishes. I watered the indoor plants. I typed notes for my blog. Chris hooked the desktop to the internet. It was easier to use than I expected, though all I did was check e-mail and Facebook.

Then I stopped by the post office to check the mail and to give the ladies certificates to Melanie's. From there, I went to the company house to get the laundry started. I found all the bedrooms now had locking knobs. And the third bedroom was locked. All the sheets and towels were on the floor by the washer. The duvet for the third room was in the washer and wet. I put the whole thing in the dryer and hoped for the best. Then the flat and fitted sheets went into the washer.

I went to the garden to water and then to plant pearl onions, hoping they will grow bigger. I also tried to change out the hose end for a tighter one, but I couldn't budge it. From there I went to the company apartment. I was going to collect the bedding to wash, but there was no key in lock box. Well, one less thing to do.

I went home and asked Chris for a massage. He gave me one and we each took a shower. I got dressed and went to the company house to change out the laundry. I spread the duvet on a bed and turned on the ceiling fan.

When I got home, I watered the outdoor plants and a gopher hole. I tried to get all the dirt to go back in. Then I came inside to make breakfast. I ate it while wrestling with the desktop to do simple things, like changing tabs and deleting the e-mail I just read. Sigh. After breakfast I jotted more notes. L-glutamine for healing leaky gut.

I went to the company house to put the towels in the dryer. Then Chris and I went to the garden to put a new end on the base hose.

I didn't have the right end, but there was one in the shed. So we got the timer system back online I 'll check tomorrow to see if it worked. After a bit, I went to the company house to clean and make the beds. Took 1:15 came home and drank several glasses of whey. Jamie texted me her hours and said it seemed high. Over twice as many as mine, but not out of line with what we bid on the house.

Michelle texted about swimming. Chris was making supper. I put on my suit and grabbed the large clock so I could watch it at the pool. I headed down to the gym. I walked into the pool area with Casey. Michelle was talking to Q. Later she joined us in the pool. We talked and swam for an hour. Then I got out, toweled off, and took my clock home.

Chris had steak, mushrooms and rice waiting for me. It was so good. Chris said he was glad I liked it. I said I was glad he didn't like it. More for tomorrow! After eating, I jotted notes for my blog and wrestled with getting into Blogger on this desktop computer. But, if you are reading this, I made it.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of SG1. I fell asleep during the second episode. When it was over we put sheets on the bed and hit the hay.

No comments: