Friday, November 10, 2023

Cleaning the swap shop

Thursday

I got up after 7, when Chris did. I got ready for the day, then clipped a bunch of spicy green leaves from the tower garden and washed them. I cut them up so they would lay flat and put them in the dehydrator.

Then I got out the sleeping bag. Chris ran the handwheel while I pushed the bag through the machine. There were a few hiccups, but it didn't take more than half an hour. Chris rolled up the sleeping bag and now it is ready for Randy.

I put the machine back in the cabinet. I put the notions away. I put away embroidery thread from the scorpion project. I called Michele to see if she wanted some matching thread to sew it on with, but she said no, she planned to use safety pins. I put some quilt basting spray on the back anyway. Chris packed his suitcase and headed to the airport for some gaming convention.

I made more breakfast mix, hoping not to leave anything out. Then I sat at my computer to jot notes for my blog. I also posted limited swap shop hours for today since I am taking Jenni's place and I don't want to sit there for 4 hours if no one comes.

I made breakfast and watched The Highwire. He talked about the rising infant mortality rate, submitting FOIA requests to the CDC, and the WHO which wants to have the power to declare a pandemic and then manage the world's response.

Before 3, I took some cleaning stuff and went to the swap shop. I opened it and turned the lights on. I went to check my mail and a group of people including kids came in. The kids were very energetic. In fact, one of them broke a Christmas decoration and the dad asked me for a broom to sweep it up.

I started vacuuming the carpet while they were there, and continued after they left. I got the broom of my car and swept the tile floor, under hanging clothes and behind boxes, etc. Another mom with kids came in, but didn't stay that long. After the sweeping, I mopped the parts of the floor which were easiest to reach. I kept having to stop and rest because my left foot was cramping and a muscle between my shoulder blades would spasm. Around 5:30, I packed up and went home.

I put a steak in the oven. Then I read e-mail until it was done. I ate it while watching videos on making things out of plastic grocery bags. It was after 10 when I worked on my blog. I watched a few tapping videos and went to bed.

No comments: