Tuesday, November 14, 2023

New player for the band!

Monday

I got up about 7:15. I got ready for the day. I clipped leaves of various plants, washed them and put them in the dehydrator. I cleaned up in the kitchen. I swept floors.

I went to the apartment to clean. I sprayed down the bathroom with a Dawn/vinegar solution, then cleaned the fridge inside and out. Keli texted me saying she needed rocks to create a cave in the library.

After an hour and a half, I went to the commissary to get the soup and oranges that Jenni requested. When I had the food, I called, but she didn't answer. So I drove by her house and hung the bag on her door.

I went home to get all the cleaning stuff that I had forgotten to bring. I loaded it in my car. I made more spray cleaner. I put some rocks by the driveway for later. Then I made breakfast and ate it while reading e-mail. I watched a documentary on the closing of hospitals in rural towns. They are required to treat Medicaid patients, but the reimbursement doesn't cover the costs. So they make up the cost by charging customers with regular insurance. But the ratio of Medicaid to regular insurance customers no longer covers the costs. So the hospitals go out of business.

At 3, I went back to the apartment to clean until 5:15. Then I came home and made scrambled eggs for supper. Chris came home from being away all weekend. He started laundry. I ate supper and listened to something.

Before 7, I went to band practice at the chapel. A lady brought her son who was a trumpet player. Thankfully Randy had trumpet music from the Christmas book, although he had to go home to get it. But I did not have a trumpet part for Little drummer boy or Jingle Bell Rock. (not that it was a big deal because he had forgotten all the fingerings so he didn't actually play). I made a mental note to write easy parts for those songs.

When I got home, I worked on my blog. I ate a frozen banana oatmeal cookie. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Psych. Later Chris went to bed and stayed up reading. I quit reading a little early and did my stretches, then we went to sleep at the same time.

No comments: