Thursday, November 30, 2023

Getting ready for the sign-over tomorrow

Wednesday

I got up at 8. I texted Michelle to tell everyone not to bring any gifts to the party she was having. Then I prepped for coffee morning. I replaced the usual CD lineup with a Christmas line-up. I did the special exercises. I turned tower garden. I meditated and tapped, then started cleaning. The music lasted till 2.

After cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen, I shampooed the den and our bedroom and the hallway. I moved the cleaner to livingroom, noting that my back was not happy.

Keli texted me just then so I ran down to the library to get stuff I had donated for the dinosaur cave. I also brought the songs all taped together and she made me a copy all on one page. I stayed till 5:30 talking to her and to Melissa.

I went home, stopping to get the mail. I opened the packages. I drank the water from two coconuts. I practiced the music on my trombone. I had trouble picking my part from Little Drummer Boy, so I wrote it out on a separate sheet of paper – one that Dad had used the other side for some song called Tenderly. I put all the music in one folder.

I looked up forms for receipts, finally found one kinda ok, and tried to replicate it on the desktop computer. Chris called, then I called Jamie about the sign-over tomorrow. After I finished tweaking the receipt form, I printed it out and filled out a contract. I went through my envelopes to get money to make change. I had to read my blog to find out how many hours I put into the last apartment, and then wrote it on the contract. It got surprisingly late.

I worked on my blog for yesterday and today. I watched an interview on C vaccines. There was not time to watch TV. It was after 11 when I got to bed. I tried plugging in a set of Christmas lights behind the toilet to keep the pipe from freezing. But the light was shining into the bedroom unless I closed all the doors, and that would make the bathroom colder. Time to hit the hay.

No comments: