Thursday, November 16, 2023

Making a Paper sphere

Wednesday

I got up at 7:30. I watered the cacti. I took supplements, then brushed and swished. I rinsed my sinuses. I made coffee. I read a book for 30 minutes. I meditated and tapped. I cleaned both bathrooms, and then the kitchen. Chris came home early for lunch so he could attend a noon meeting. He asked if I ever got hold of Jamie, so I called her on the spot. She said they would cook the second donated turkey.

After he left, I washed dishes. I vacuumed several rooms. I moved the bookcase by the window and shoved the tower garden in its place. I took a shower and got dressed.

I read some e-mail and sent digital files to Chris and to Gary. Jamie came over to get the contract and key. We talked for awhile about getting up the leaves in my yard. She took the pumpkins, which were not looking so good. She takes them somewhere to be cow food.

Then I went to the gym for my weekly workout. Afterward, I went to the library to get the next season of Psych and to see the dinosaur cave that Keli made with the stuff I brought yesterday.

Then I went to the commissary to get ingredients for a casserole for Friendsgiving. I ran into Kacie and we had a nice conversation. I picked up what I needed and checked out. I went home.

I decided to work on the project for Saturday. First I couldn't find it on the desktop to print out. Turns out it was on the thumb drive. So I saved it, then printed it out. But it was a bad copy. I imported it to Paint and made the lines darker, then printed it. It printed fine, but going the wrong way so it was smaller. I discovered that just sending the original file to the printer from Paint gave me a reasonable copy. So I tried it on thicker paper as well.

I cut out the three strips, then went on the net to find instructions. It turns out that the same site has a bunch of other paper crafting stuff, too. They were having a sale, so I bought the bundle for $20 and downloaded an endless array of templates. I finished the little paper ball from the three strips and wondered what kind of coloring would suit it best.

Chris came home from work, and went to Mass. Alex called, wanting to donate a couch to the swap shop. So I ran over there (in my car) and unlocked it for him. After rolling it in, he stayed long enough to find a book. Then I locked up and went home.

I went back to looking at craft stuff, then shifted to Telegram messages. I paused that to work on my blog and make tea. We watched one missed episode of Psych from season three, then the first episode of season 4. Chris went to bed after that. I stayed up till 10:30, then did my stretches and hit the hay.

No comments: