Friday, November 24, 2023

Thanksgiving

Thursday

We got up after 8. I took supplements and got dressed. I started the casserole by peeling and cutting up sweet potatoes and apples. While it baked, I checked e-mail and Facebook. I came across an article that talked about how the common Thanksgiving story is not accurate. One of their suggestions to commemorate Thanksgiving was to support a native american store. There was a link to a list of them and I went to one and ordered beans, corn and wheat flour. I also posted the link on Facebook so others could do the same.

I stirred the casserole and let it bake more. Chris took a shower. He sliced up a cauliflower and baked it in the oven when the casserole came out. I read e-mail until I got a text from Michelle. Then we packed up the food and went to her house.

She had food laid out on a table by the wall. We laid our food on that table too. Soon we were all seated around the dining table and Isadora said grace. Then we helped ourselves buffet style. There was turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, casserole, deviled eggs, rolls and pie.

After the meal, Michelle filled disposable aluminum pans with pulled pork and rolls. While the kids stayed home, the rest of us got in her car and we delivered food to the front gate, EMS, dispatch, firehouse, Ditto EMS, and one other place.

It was chilly out and I was glad to get back to her house. She gave us some leftovers from our meal and we left her some of what we made. We chatted for a bit, then went home. I read e-mail and ate fruit. Not too long after we got home, the colonel and his family came by with a live Christmas wreath and a hanger. He said to keep it cold so it would last longer. We were very appreciative and we put it in the garage until tomorrow (since today is still Thanksgiving).

I looked at some black Friday sales online. I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Psych. Later Chris went to bed, but I stayed up to read more sales e-mails.

No comments: