Saturday, November 25, 2023

Gifts and globes

P> Friday

I got up at 7:30, certain I had heard my alarm go off half an hour earlier. It had snowed a lot and was still snowing! I got ready for the day and watered and fertilized the tower garden. I mended my nightgown. I checked e-mail and compared prices on Black Friday sales. (Remember when there was no Black Friday and we just visited with family?)

I dug out my car and went to the post office and then to a quote on Pinyon. Jamie got there before I did. We walked around her house. Jamie checked out the bathrooms and I checked out the kitchen. We decided on $600. Not that it was bad but it was so full that we couldn't see everything.

Then on the way back, I stopped at Michelle's house. She wanted to walk so I took her to the gym and we walked the track while she talked. Then we stopped at the restrooms and I took her home. I went home for breakfast. Chris was in the shower. As I made breakfast, I portioned out enough of the dry ingredients for Saturday through Tuesday. Then I ate and read e-mail and Telegram messages.

When I was done, we packed and went to Tooele. We shopped at the usual grocery stores, plus Melanie's and the Dollar store. I didn't find green garland but they had the tinselly kind in several colors. Then we went back to base, enjoying the look of the trees; each branch and twig outlined in glittering frost. The mountains were full of them.

When we got back, we stopped at the commissary for a few last things. The pin pad decided to go wonky and we had to wait for someone to ready another one. After we checked out and paid, we went home and unloaded the groceries.

I hung the wreath on the door. Chris made cauliflower steaks. I ate and read e-mail. Randy dropped by with a gift bag, rang the doorbell and headed home. Chris brought the bag in. We read the card, and placed the bag on the diningroom table to be opened later.

I did some preliminary black Friday selections. I worked on my blog. I listened to a podcast on Tesla's death ray. I poured tea into a kombucha bottle and got the large water container ready. I also picked up a sheet of paper with the globe strips on it. Then I went to Michelle's house for game night.

When I got there, I gave her the paper. She used it to print on paper that came in an assorted pack. Then, as I played the game, she made three globes and was totally thrilled with it. She reminded me when 11pm came. But I was close to solving a puzzle, so I finished that, and ended up taking a airship ride (in the game). I got the final symbol, but could not reach the linking book back to the home world. So I ended it there. We talked about inappropriate Christmas songs and what LDS believe about the rapture, and something about gophers. Then I went home to bed.

No comments: