Monday, November 20, 2023

Trying to make plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas

Sunday

I got up after 8, not having heard any of the alarms. There was a tickle in my throat so I rinsed my sinuses, swabbed my ears with h2o2, and gargled with salt water. I also disinfected my toothbrushes. I took the morning supplements.

I made a batch of cheese squares, making half spicy with red pepper flakes and smoked paprika. I checked e-mail and Telegram messages. When it was done, I ate the crispy edges, then made and ate breakfast.

I washed up and got dressed for church. I put some squares in a container and took them to the chapel, along with my trombone. I parked beyond the EV station so my undercarriage wouldn't scrape.

I walked in, dropped off the snack, then went up front to assemble my trombone. I met a new couple who decided to try our service instead of driving into town. Chaplain Sands started the service and then Pastor Chris talked about Revelation. He got pretty far, going over time. Afterward, I played two hymns, though not very well because I could not see the notes clearly. Then the service was over. Jenni gave me a large zucchini. I handed out cheese squares and went home.

Chris helped me change clothes. I read e-mail. Jessica came over with a new jacket that needed a seam sewed. She talked to Chris while I performed the needed work. Then I spent the afternoon texting people about plans for Wednesday and Thursday, and plans for Christmas. I watched part of an group chat on Pharma Foods. They questioned why so much money is being invested in lab-grown meats when there is no market for them.

I worked on my blog. I checked on the apple in my brown sugar container. It was ok, but the sugar was still hard. So I left it in. I ordered more alien slingshots for next year since they were so popular this year.

The game got canceled. Chris made his supper and I made mine. I read e-mail. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Psych. He went to bed and I stayed up about half an hour later, then did my exercises and went to bed.

No comments: