Monday, November 6, 2023

Digitizing can be addictive

Sunday

I got up around 8. I emptied the kitchen sink, then whipped up a batch of cheese squares. While they baked, I washed all the parts of the dehydrator and set them on the stove to dry. However, when the baking was done, there was no place to put the pan. So I used the cutting board as a trivet. Then I dried the metal and plastic shelves and put them in the dehydrator. Finally I did the usual beginning to my day.

I asked Chris to help me sew the sleeping bag and he agreed, but he said doing the Scorpion mon for Michele and John was more important. So I spent the rest of the morning cleaning up the image at a pixel level. Then I decided the image didn't make sense so I collected other images of scorpions and redid the image. Chris said I was over-thinking it.

She wants it all in gold, but I had to color the parts differently so I could control the sew order. And finally I got it to the machine and it wanted to sew the whole thing twice for a total of 54 minutes. Luckily the machine will let me skip the parts I don't want and even go back if the sewing order is wrong. The chances of messing up are pretty good.

It was after noon while I finally got to make and eat breakfast. Then I got ready for church. I took half the cheese squares and my trombone to the chapel. I went inside and laid the snack on the back table, then assembled my trombone. I talked to a few people. The chaplain had trouble getting the overhead started. So Rick went back to queue up the music for the two opening songs.

Then the chaplain preached about following Jesus and his commandments. He invited Saronna and Sophia and me to come up during the final prayer so we would be ready to play after Amen. And we were. We played the two songs we had picked out earlier in the week. Then he invited everyone to shake hands with someone else. So we shook hands all around up front.

After more chatting, I put my trombone away and walked to the back to collect my snack. As we exited, I saw Michelle and Casey standing out there. I offered her the leftover cheese squares and she accepted. Actually, her lips said no but her eyes said yes so I gave them to her. We talked a bit and I went home.

Chris was gaming with the voices. I read e-mail and listened to an interview. Then I changed out of my dress and asked Chris to help me carry the vac and carpet cleaner to the second floor apartment. He said he needed 5 minutes for the post-game talk, but it turned out to be longer. I packed the vac and cleaner in my car. I started copying the pages for band tomorrow night.

Then he was ready and we went to the apartment. He carried both up the stairs and through the door. He looked at the thermostat on the wall. On the way out, I asked if anyone was tasked with cleaning the public areas because the windows were filthy. He said yes, but the contract might only call for cleaning once a year. I said I would brush the windows off tomorrow and he said no, because he wants to show someone how bad it is. Sigh.

When we got back, he pulled defrosted steaks from the fridge and blood went everywhere. I helped clean it up, then worked with the scanner and printer to get music ready while he cooked the steaks. The printer pop-up still claimed it was running out of ink. I scanned all the music onto the computer (in case I lose it again). I printed out out everything I need for band.

Then it was time to eat. I ate one of the steaks, plus the rice and mushrooms that Chris heated up for me. I read more e-mail. I worked on my blog. Then I made tea and we watched two episodes of Psych. He went to bed to read, and I stayed up on my laptop, but only till 10:45. Then I went to bed.

No comments: