Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Trombone and piano

Monday

I got up around 8. I washed some bowls and sorted through the sprouts to get the failures out. I got online to post about community band. After posting, I stayed online to check e-mail and Telegram messages.

At 10 I went to 209 to vacuum and shampoo the carpet. I carried the machines down the steps, one at a time, then rolled them to the car. When I got home, I cleaned the shampooer, and left it and the parts in the driveway to dry.

I made and ate breakfast. I went to yoga, realized I forgot my mat, went home for it and back, forgetting my purse. But she said I could pay later. I was the only student and she really put me through the moves. We talked a little afterward and I went home.

I collated the Jingle Bell Rock pages, then taped 5 sets together. I marked one for djimbe. I watered the tower garden and the cold frame, but the plants in the frame looked half (or more) dead.

I analyzed the trial stitch-out of the scorpion and redigitized it. I read some e-mail. Chris came home from work. I put steak in the toaster oven, and made a salad from the tower garden. I jotted notes for my blog as I ate.

Before 7, I went to the chapel for band. It was so dark that I had trouble getting the key in the lock. Once inside, I turned on all the lights. The pianist arrived as I set up chairs and music stands and put copies of Jingle Bell Rock on them. But no one else came, so we just played together. It was fun.

Before 8, my lip gave out and we packed up. We turned off the lights and locked the door. I went home and finished my blog post. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Psych. Then he went to bed and read for awhile and I stayed up to listen to an interview.

No comments: