Saturday, November 11, 2023

Moving the tower garden

Friday

I got up before 8. I washed up and got ready for the day. I emptied the dehydrator and separated the dried leaves into bags. I picked more from the tower garden. There was more than would fit in the dehydrator so I bagged some up for Michelle. I think I also decluttered a bit and watered all the indoor plants.

Then I grabbed the sleeping bag, clipboard and some fabric pieces and went to the chapel for Math Morning. I unlocked the door and went into the fellowship hall. The Clarks and the Cleggs came in while I was in the bathroom. The Clark kids sat down to do their school work. They didn't seem to need help, so I got out a sewing machine and set it up for me. But then Sophia had problems with how her Common Core book was finding the greatest common factor. So I sat down to figure it out and explain it to her. We did the rest of her assignment together.

As they were packing up, I got one quilt block sewn, then I packed up and cleaned up and turned off the lights and locked the doors. I went home. I read e-mail until after noon, and then made breakfast. I read e-mail, then looked up people on IMDB. I got the feeling that I never finished the series Royal Pains. But there was no way to be certain without spend $2 per episode in the last season.

I did the math to compare the price of chlorophylls on two different sites. I raked the back yard, and dug up small potatoes. I rinsed sprouts and removed the dead seeds. I made banana oatmeal cookies.

I moved stuff out of the way to create a path from the den to the dining room. Michelle came over to help me move the tower garden. Between the two of us, we got it to roll into the dining room where it will be easier to clean up after. Then the cookies were done so I took them out of the oven and gave her one. I ate one too. We talked for a long time. Then she went home.

I put steak and rice with some radishes and beets I found in the fridge, in the toaster oven. While it heated, I read e-mail. Then I put on episode 5 of the Vagus Nerve series and watched while I ate. Later, I worked on my blog. I put the cookies in the freezer. Then I took the empty water container and went to game night.

Michelle and I talked. She explained her idea of making a calendar with the first responders of Dugway. She found it hilarious. I played a new world called Voltaic. I kind of got stuck, so at 11 Casey carried the full water container out to my car and I said thanks and goodbye and went home. I turned off my phone, did my stretches and went to bed.

No comments: