Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Cyber Monday

Monday

I had a hard time sleeping because my hands hurt. By morning, I figured it must be something I ate at the potluck. I got up around 8. Chris had already left on his trip. I turned the tower garden. I took supplements and cut up more methylene blue. I read through some sewing videos and cyber Monday sales e-mails.

Last night I had put a piece of lemon peel in the container of hard brown sugar. I was surprised to see how soft it was this morning, after less than 24 hours. I wondered if I should take the peel out.

I spent an hour or more managing the Cyber Monday sales onslaught. At noon I made and ate breakfast. Then there were more comparisons to do. I went to the library to return Psych and get the next episode. I got 30 Rock as well. They had a new book for me. So new that it wasn't yet in the system to be checked out, but they trust me. I unlocked the swap shop on the way home.

I went through e-mail, and watched videos on preserving meat with salt. I looked for instructions on how to build an ice house. I ate leftovers for supper. I made copies of music for Sophia. Chris called and we talked a bit.

I went to band practice at the chapel. The chaplain had left the door unlocked and the lights on, which was really nice. We played through all the carols, and chose a few to play at Winterfest. We also played through Little Drummer Boy and Jingle Bell Rock. Afterward, we fiddled with speakers to make the keyboard louder.

I went home, stopping to lock the swap shop but it was already locked. I heated tea. I went through more sales offiers. I settled on some, deleted others. It's like buying my own birthday presents. Saronna had inadvertently mentioned that there was a sugar bear in the gift bag that her husband dropped off. So I soaked it in water as per the instructions, and put it in the brown sugar instead of the lemon peel.

Finally done, I worked on my blog. I watched the first episode of 30 Rock and went to bed.

No comments: