Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Cookie day

Monday

I got up at 7:30, having woken up earlier and tried to go back to sleep. I took supplements, then brushed and swished. I watered and fertilized the tower garden. I took bananas out of the freezer to thaw. I read some e-mail. I finished writing trumpet parts to Jingle Bell Rock and Little Drummer Boy. I made copies, but they came out faintly.

I watched a 15 minute video on some kind of twisting and breathing exercise. It took longer because they cut out the rest breaks. It was not comfortable. I made a batch of banana/oatmeal cookies. I sorted lollipops and put together a set of 4 flavors. While the next set of bananas defrosted, I ran to Housing to schedule an inspection for tomorrow, then to the library to deliver the treat.

I went home, mixed up another batch of cookie dough, and THEN remembered to post the lost dinosaur so the kids could find it and claim the lollipops. I washed my hands and posted for that and for band practice.

I baked the second batch. Chris came home for lunch. I made breakfast, and more cookies. I read e-mail while they baked. Then I went to the commissary for more snack baggies and bananas, etc. When I got home, I made more cookies. I sewed down the front of Keli's top and ironed it. I folded it and set it to go with me tonight. I cleaned up the copies of music in Paint, and re-printed them.

Chris came home for supper. I ate some ham and turkey. He asked for a cookie. I worked on my blog. Then I took my trombone to the chapel for band practice, unlocking the door to the swap shop on my way.

I don't think band practice went well. Saronna was sick so she didn't come. The trumpet player didn't play much, but that was an improvement over last week. Overall, we were not 'together'. Sophia (the drummer) wants copies of the music, regardless of what instrument it is for.

We quit before 8 and turned the lights off and left. I went home and put the last batch of cookies in baggies in the freezer. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Psych. Soon after, Chris went to bed and I stayed up to finish a podcast and work on my blog.

No comments: