Sunday, November 5, 2023

Making shirts into robes

Saturday

I got up around 8. I got dressed, rinsed the sprouts, took supplements, and sewed around the edges of a frayed wash cloth. I watched part of the Myst walkthrough.

I went to the company house to get the laundry started, then came home and washed all the parts that came with the dehydrator, as per the instructions. I parsed out a week's worth of supplements. We worked together to get a good image of the scorpion mon that Michele asked for. Then I went back to the company house to start the second load.

I also stopped by the post office and picked up a package. I opened it in front of the clerk so we could see why it was so light. It was an angelfood cake pan. And yes, it was crooked in the middle like the one I had gotten from the local Joanns. She even measured it from several angles. I guess Wilton is not doing their quality control. When I got back, Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. He took a shower and then I took mine.

I made and ate breakfast while he took my car to the gas station. I packed for sewing class, then found a message from Saronna about needing to go to the swap shop, so I ran over there and unlocked it. I also went to the company house to throw the second load in the dryer. Back at home, I looked for my box of trims and couldn't find it. Chris helped me put the sewing machine and stuff in my car. We went to the chapel and he took my machine inside and helped me arrange tables. He left.

I set up the other machines. Saronna's girls arrived. Then Isadora, but immediately she had to go back home for something. They had shirts with them and I showed them how to cut the buttons and collars and cuffs off. I had to help Wilhelm cut. Then I showed them how to hem the edges. Isadora brought a big rectangle of white fabric and I showed her how to fold it and cut a shirt shape. Sophia did not decorate hers, nor did Wilhelm. But Moira made a rosette out of a piece of ribbon and sewed it on with green thread.

Wilhelm had left his jacket at the swap shop. So Isadora went with me to the swap shop, and got his orange jacket. I dropped her off, then dropped the jacket off with Wilhelm. I went to company house to finish cleaning, then to 209 to mop floors and finish the oven.

When I got home, I unloaded the car, then jotted notes for my blog. Chris called Mike for his birthday. He made me mushrooms and rice. I ate while watching more Myst walkthrough. It was about something I had already done but the explanation was very interesting. Chris put the leftovers away as I worked on my blog. Then I made tea and we watched two episodes of Psych. He went to bed to read and I stayed up looking at e-mail.

No comments: