Saturday, May 1, 2010

Making choices


Chris had to get up before 8:30 to play a mod. I did not play with the voices today because I was scheduled last night to help Tina quilt her top this morning. She is leaving Korea on Monday and so had limited time to get it done. I had breakfast but forgot to take my vitamins. I rushed off to get there by 9:30. There were lots of other things going on on post (like a yard sale) and the 5K Fun run. Here is a pic. (How are Fun and Run connected?)
Cathy had to come also because she had the key (the AnC center was closed for a Korean holiday). There really wasn't much for me to do since Cathy was there, but I stayed anyway. When she found out that the fabric man was selling fabric in front of the commissary (they were having a lot sale), she and Tina went over. Then I could run it all by myself, which is the only way I can really learn it. When she came back, she had chicken on a stick. It was messy so I continued to be able to run the machine on my own as she ate. When we were finally finished, we offered to sew the binding on with the longarm. It was an idea I had heard of that I hadn't tried yet. Tina was up for that, because then she could finish it on the plane home. It went well, and she was so happy. Then, because I felt so empowered having a car at my disposal, I went to the Four Seasons to get stuff. I got steel wool, acrylic caulk, a large plant pot, and a trowel. Then I went to the PX and got a magnet pen and some safety pins (keeps the seatbelt from getting caught in the door). Then I took the magnet pen to the first store and got some wire that was ferrous for my science experiment. I still need some wool batting, or wool felt. When I finish my science project, I expect to grow better plants.
I came home tired and hungry around 6. I ate some white kimchi waiting for supper to finish in the oven. Chris told me that the mod people were disappointed that I wasn't able to play with them today. I spent some of the evening watching a movie with Chris and Michele, and the rest clearing e-mail. I am learning to delete more stuff without listening to it, and some without even reading it. This is progress.

No comments: