Sunday, October 31, 2010

Preparing for the party

I awoke before the alarm went off. I had breakfast and a shower. I did more cleaning and took out 3 bags of recyclables on my way to church. Pastor Stan was sick, but he really wanted to talk about Zachieus. So he preached, and left as soon as he could. During snack time I met a Korean woman Michele's age who is really into NCIS. Even has an episode on her IPOD. Then I went to the commissary to get veggies, fruit, cheese, toothpicks, etc for the get-together tomorrow. And onions, to make onion soup when the bean soup runs out. Michele carried the groceries upstairs while I parked the car. I checked out the lower parking lot and discovered that it is brighter and cleaner than the main floor. I went up to the apt to see how Michele was doing with the groceries. I cleaned off the round tables and the kitchen table so I could wash the tablecloths. I vacuumed the floors several times because dust kept appearing. By then I was exhausted and tired of cleaning, but there was more to do. Maryann came over around supper time with cookies for the morning. She just came to talk, but it was a nice break for me. Then when she left, I went back to it. I put all the shoes in the shoe closet, and put away all the VB fabrics. I emptied trash, and then watched some episodes of Bonanza with Michele. I meant to go to bed early because I have to get up very early to cut up the veggies, make the dip (including looking up a recipe), wash the fruit, heat the rolls and the applejuice, etc. It is a lot of work, and if I had known we'd be here this long, I might have cleaned earlier. Ha, ha.

No comments: