Friday, December 23, 2011


After I went to bed last night, Dad started sorting recyclables, which meant the light was on in the dining room and we were trying to sleep in the livingroom. But somehow I fell asleep. Then early this morning he came back to get the recyclables to set outside for pick up. I stayed in bed a while longer. Eventually, I ate breakfast with my Mom and Dad. I took a bath and started reading e-mail. Mom wanted to send three condolence cards, so I helped her choose, sign and address them. Dad and I boiled water in the frying pan, then oiled and baked it. Chris made me some salad dressing and we had our usual lunch, then I sat outside in the sun. Dad spent the afternoon walking to the bank, the mall and Walmart. Chris went to Martin's to return bad garlic, and buy liver and chorizo for supper. I sat with Mom and quilted. I prepared a Christmas card for Dad to sign for the neighbor across the street. I also tried the walnut-rubbing trick on a long scratch behind Dad's chair. See pic. William stopped by to show me what he got Faye and Kevin for Christmas. Chris fixed supper and Dad returned from his long walk. When he saw the traffic, he was glad he was on foot. Patrick stopped by to see if he had dropped a boxtop from yesterday. He might have been hoping for an invitation to supper. We had liver and onions for supper, as well as chorizo rice and Italian vegetables. I had forgotten that Chris did not like liver when I suggested it. Near the end of the meal, Mom picked up her spoon with her right hand and ate that way. Dad said it was progress for her because she broke that wrist almost a year ago. After supper I sat with Mom and quilted some more. Dad watched political debate shows on PBS. Then the Mormon tabernacle choir was on. When my fingers were numb from needle pricks, I decided it was time to post and go to bed. Part of me wants to finish the quilt for the sense of accomplishment. But another part wants to keep quilting, because what will I do when there is no more quilting? It is the perfect filler activity.

No comments: