Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wash day

We were going to get up early - like 6:30, to get ready for the 8am service. But we ended up worshiping in bed. After breakfast, we left base, stopped at Kroger for groceries, and arrived at the house. Chris started a pot of pulled pork in the oven. I brought up a big jar from the basement and washed it. Chris had bought 15 bags of different beans and mixed them in the jar. Then he helped me open boxes in the basement for awhile. Bob the builder (he is the husband of the realestate agent employed by the owners, and he is a general contractor) came over to replace the faucets behind the washer, and the hook-up behind the dryer. So we started laundry when he left. I washed out the last cabinet, and started putting fabric in one of them. In opening boxes, I came across the velvets, seer-suckers, rib knits, polished cottons, kettle cloth, and some fancies. However, I have a very nice collection of metallics and silks (the kind that I don't know when or how I'll ever use it) that has yet to be accounted for - and we opened every box in that room. Chris did two loads of laundry. We found out that the washer and dryer each play a tune when they finish. It was really cute the first time. We ate supper in the dining room. Then I went back to the basement to finish sorting a box. Then we came back to the apt to watch "Sleepy Hollow" from Netflix, and to catch up on e-mail. Now it is off to bed for us since the next shipment arrives tomorrow between 8 and 9.

No comments: