Friday, December 2, 2011

Laundry day


The first order of the day was to pick up the apartment so the maid could run the vacuum. I ate breakfast and read a bit of e-mail. Then I got a stitch in my back. I wasn't sure I could stand in the shower, so I took a bath. I had planned to do laundry today, but with my back uncertain, I did not want to risk carrying the load. So I called Chris. He said he could do it. I waited and waited. Thinking he got caught up in something at work, I went to the post office to mail a Christmas present. I tried to call him from there, but got no answer. So I went back to the apartment. I called again, then plugged in my phone to recharge. There wasn't much I could do without messing up the apartment again, so I figured out how to carry the laundry. I put the colored load in a small rolling suitcase and left the whites in the laundry bag. I carried it all out to the car, then drove to the laundromat in Lodging. I put the two loads into two machines. While they were washing, I sat outside, reading, in the sun. After half an hour, I went back to load the dryers. I was sitting outside again, when one of the staff approached to ask what I was reading. We got into a conversation, and then another staff member came by. She was Korean and was delighted to hear me speak what little Korean I knew. The first lady invited me to a Christmas concert on Sunday and gave me her number. So I gave her my card. From that she deduced that I am a quilter. Then the lady who came yesterday to check the fire extinguisher showed up and confirmed that I do indeed sew. She must have seen the fabric squares all over the apartment. So then the first lady wanted to have me make her daughter a purse like the one I carry. And to embroider the daughter's name on it. Then they all went back to work. I read until the dryers were done. I took out the whites and folded them, then discovered that the colored clothes was not dry. So I put more money in the machine for another cycle. I spent the time taking the whites home and putting them away. The maid was cleaning the apartment. I went back for the rest and had to wait for it to finish. When I got back, the maid had gone and the apartment was clean. I spent the afternoon reading e-mail, looking at refrigerators on-line, and listening to a theta healing session. Chris came home while I was 'tuned in'. We had leftovers for supper. He turned on NCIS and we watched together until it was time to play with the 'voices'. Now my daughter is one of the 'voices'. During commercials I went into the bedroom where Chris was playing just to listen for Michele's voice. The rest of the time I spent crocheting my scarf, which I finished. I went back to listen for Michele's voice. It was a good thing that the voices play by text and audio only, 'cause what happened next... no one saw. NCIS was still on, so I spent that time alternately watching and tweezing my eyebrows. After NCIS came CSI. One episode of that and I was ready for bed. Just gotta finish this post.

No comments: